Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T_i_G_e_R

Disaster?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

So I wake up this am and go down to check on the 8 plugs I had spinning last night with epoxy. Two of the plugs are on the floor, the spinner is off it's rest, two more plugs are rubbing against the wood bench over and over making them look like vomit. The window fan is turned off, so all the cold air has made the basement 50 deg F, and the four unaffected plugs are sticky because they cured in 50 deg air. My nephew had apparently turned off my window fan last night. Wooohooo! YEA!!! Im so happy right now.

Tiger,

Sorry to hear that, been there. Had a rubberband break sending one plug into the others enough to send the wet epoxy flying all over. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Best of luck, hope they are salvageable

MS

keep the slicky plugs in a warm place and they'll likely cure. Wire the other ones up and fish them. By the time any fish realizes the clear coat is messed up they'll have a set of trebles in their mouth ;)

Jigman

keep the slicky plugs in a warm place and they'll likely cure. Wire the other ones up and fish them. By the time any fish realizes the clear coat is messed up they'll have a set of trebles in their mouth ;)

Jigman

perfect answer to a bad problem

Tiger I know how you feel Man. Except my disaster goes like this. I grabbed the wrong bottle of Devcon Hardner. I had 8 lures all lined up brushing on the Epoxy and it Was Setting rather early.Then I looked on the Bottle and it said 5 minute instead of 2-ton :mad: