Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tommy

Pease sign this petition, help save Hatteras

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

It's not just the residents of Hatteras Island (though they have my sympathy). Cape Hatteras was established so that all americans could unrestricted access to the beaches. Thanks Tommy for sharing this.

It's not just the residents of Hatteras Island (though they have my sympathy). Cape Hatteras was established so that all americans could unrestricted access to the beaches. Thanks Tommy for sharing this.

You are exactly right. The special interest groups (Audobon, Defenders of wildlife and the worst of all Southern Environmental law) are destroying a way of life and want to remove people from the Cape Hatteras National Seashore RECREATION Area.

What most people don't get, especially the ones who don't drive on the beach is that when they close an area for bird nesting, it is off limits to ALL. This means ORV's AND pedestrians (including handicaped) for 1000 meters in each direction. Yes, that is just about 1/2 mile.

Please sign the petition and please get involved, The North Carolina Beachbuggy Association, the OBPA and CHAPA are the places to go to get involved.

Thanks for helping me spread the word. Please share the link to your ******** pages.

Tommy Farmer

Sir I tried to sign the petition but since email was required it didn't accept it. I don't sign up for things that need my email. I do appreciate your time and trouble you have dedicated to this cause

Dad started taking me down there in '77.   Could drive around the coast gaurd station on south side or oregon inlet and down pea island to rodanthe.  

Always wondered when this would happen.  Cant tell you when we got run off pea island.  Now they are asking us to leave hatteras at all the prime fishing times.  When is enough really enough?