Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maruthu

First barracuda from the beach :)

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

Greetings,

I arrived home three weeks back and had been fishing for the past week and had nothing to show for it.

Had a decent evening today and landed a 15 pound barracuda and a 10 pound (Edit: ladyfish and not threadfin) from the beach.

I have caught a few barracudas from the rocks (pier and harbour wall) before, but none from the beach.

Took both the fish on a yozuri hydro tiger popper (white with red head). I caught a few GTs with the very same lure a few years back.

That Abu Blue Yonder was sooooooo sweeeeeeet :drool: First time I took that reel to the beach :)

Cheers, Maruthu

PS: There were a few fishermen fishing in the same general area and after I caught this fish, I was surprised that everyone remained in their own spot and didn't bother to move closer to me, even though there was a lot of action going on in front of me. Talk about driving etiquette here, then that's a whole different thing :D

awesome! seems like you have excellent fishing there

Yes, we do :)

The locals were heavily netting the river mouth for Mullet and hence the Barramundis and the GTs did not show up :(

Thanks, Maruthu

That is the biggest ladyfish i have ever seen. That thing is a monster.:shock:

I agree, i haven't seen Ladyfish that size anywhere along the east coast. They are aggressive though and attack during the night like a crazed pack of wolves. Maruthu, do you eat those Ladyfish? I don't bother with them and toss them back but they are nowhere near that size. Bony fish

I wish i fished locations where when i caught fish it wouldn't be a mob scene seconds later.:(