Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skinnywater

Jiggin for brookies

9 posts in this topic

Nice fish.Dont you find it uncomfortable holding that rod with the zip tie still on the reel seat?Thats to stop theft in the store.Cut it off.:D

Funny thing I actually put the ziptie on there :D Some of the pike up here could rip that right off. I have hockey tape on there now.

Nice Brookie.

We used to hold the rods like a pencil/pen. Don't think it would be in the way.

Are you tipping the jigs with anything?

I hold it the same way just liike a big pencil. sometimes we use maggots, butter worms or crawlers but usually you don't need them.

I hold it the same way just liike a big pencil. .

Why is that? Looks uncomfortable to me but have never tried it. I always just held it the same as any other spinning rod.

Nice fish. :th:

Why is that? Looks uncomfortable to me but have never tried it. I always just held it the same as any other spinning rod.

It's actually more comfortable for me that way, but it realy has to do with the control of your jig- at least for me. The brookie in the pic was caught in 20in of water so you are able to see your jig. I can make the most subtle little twitches when holding it like that and make it dance like nothing else.

Like Skinnywater said, "it's comfortable. When holding like that, you can just tap the rod with your index finger and just get the jig to dance the slightest bit.

It's also easier to hold it that way while sitting down. (for me anyway)