Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wjc

Tried on of Local 66 flies Friday

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Local ties some nice flies, really nice flies, and am headed up to his shop this coming weekend for a tying class, get educated, and buy some stuff. My buddy Wes from Keys Plastics gave me a hunk of 3/4 acrylic to mount my new vise to, so II'm getting psyched. Will also be trying out an XI3 for my daughter. Figured I'd better go fishing to see if I remembered how to thow a fly, it's been so long.

Finger mullet were all around, so I tried one of Local 66 solid white streamers with some kind of gold & red sparkle stuff in it. Real nice looking fly in the water as well as out.

Wayne and I found the reds, and managed 4 apiece before deciding we had beat them up enough and left that spot. Wayne was using a spinning rod with some rubber thing on it, and we doubled up twice. Here's a couple pics for you guys snowed in for another few weeks. :)

[img=

p><p>  <a href=http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3151033/width/600/height/450' alt='450'>

Tight lines.

Nice fish.

Local66 does tie pretty patterns, and if I recall there's a record striped bass - women's records - on one of them. I didn't know he had a shop, so that's news.

Nice fish.

Local66 does tie pretty patterns, and if I recall there's a record striped bass - women's records - on one of them. I didn't know he had a shop, so that's news.

He doesn't he works at one!

Nice fish.

That's news to me, but I do give away alot of flies and I'm really bad about keeping in touch with people. And Ron is right ( halleluja!!), I work two 5hr shifts a week at my local shop. I'm not the type to let a silly thing like employment interfere with my time on the water. I'm 37, and I've spent the last 13 years fishing full time. :D

Jim- Good to hear you're putting those flies to good use. To be perfectly honest I can't remember what I sent you, I'll have some new stuff waiting for you when you get here.

That's news to me, but I do give away alot of flies and I'm really bad about keeping in touch with people. And Ron is right ( halleluja!!), I work two 5hr shifts a week at my local shop. I'm not the type to let a silly thing like employment interfere with my time on the water. I'm 37, and I've spent the last 13 years fishing full time. :D

Jim- Good to hear you're putting those flies to good use. To be perfectly honest I can't remember what I sent you, I'll have some new stuff waiting for you when you get here.

Time to join you brother

Hey Local, it was great meeting you and the guys at your tying class. Thanks from both Apple and I for all the files and your time. . That was a super restaurant we went to as well. Great food, great time, real good company, and I learned a bunch at your class. Too bad the surf was up and we couldn't get out in Apple's skiff.

For those within a couple hours distance of Melbourne,Fl, Local 66 does a fly tying class every month that's well worth attending.

Cheers,

Jim

Hey Local, it was great meeting you and the guys at your tying class. Thanks from both Apple and I for all the files and your time. . That was a super restaurant we went to as well. Great food, great time, real good company, and I learned a bunch at your class. Too bad the surf was up and we couldn't get out in Apple's skiff.

For those within a couple hours distance of Melbourne,Fl, Local 66 does a fly tying class every month that's well worth attending.

Cheers,

Jim

You guys were great company, shame we couldn't get the weather and my work schedule to cooperate and give us a day on the water. You and Apple are always welcome, and thanks again for coming by.