Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scoobydoo

Who wants to upgrade their Slosh???

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

[img=a><a href=http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3148933/width/550/height/365' alt='365'>

all under 100 bucks for machined aluminum frames.....pretty sick if you ask me....

google socal fishing and hunting.

UPGRADE FRAME KIT, DAIWA SLX20SHA

1. UPGRADE MAIN FRAME, RIGHT AND LEFT SIDE PLATES, CLUTCH LEVER, NEW MAIN SHAFT BEARING, OVERSIZE CAST CONTROL CAP AND ALL HARDWARE AND ALLEN WRENCHES.

Why not just buy a Saltist instead. Basically the same reel but with instant anti reverse, and it already comes with an aluminum frame...and a clicker. ;)

I had a couple of the SHVs and they were excellent reels... cast great, fairly easy to control... BUT the gear box hurt my hand after a session of casting when mounted on a standard reel seat. With a trigger seat it was far worse. So I sold them. Saltist way better... Newells ... well that's for another thread. ;)

Why not just buy a Saltist instead. Basically the same reel but with instant anti reverse, and it already comes with an aluminum frame...and a clicker. ;)

The aluminum Slosh frames are trick but I'd take Stewie's advice.

I hope someday Daiwa upgrades the Slosh reels and makes the improvements seasoned anglers want.

What can you do with a Slosh that you can't do with a Saltiga and/or Saltist? The newer reels solve the gearbox-position problem, and while there are a zillion happy Slosh users out there, I'm not reading any unhappiness with Saltists or Saltigas either.

For the price of those upgrades, you're most of the way to the price of a Saltist at least, and if you sell the used reel, you might get to the Saltiga price bracket. I see Chark is selling aluminum frames from Tiburon for some Newells. and I had the same reaction to those prices ... why spend $150 to upgrade a reel that works fine as is when you can put that money towards something that comes with most of the add-ons as a part of the original product?

Gotta agree with Stewie. If you're going to spend that much coin, do it in one shot. Otherwise, I'd leave mine alone, but whatever floats your boat. Nice job with the upgrade!

I have to admit it, I believe my SL20SHV cast better than my Saltist 20H. That said, the gearbox position, silent instant anti reverse and the spool being a wee closer to the rod, made me sell my Slosh once I had the Saltist.

I have a dozen plus 20s, I cant for the life of me see the point in doing those "upgrades". Ive thrown the other reels mentioned and they are nice......I prefer my 20s and ill stick with them. They are bullett proof :)

This actually reminds me, I need to sell some of them one of these days, Ill never fish them all most are still ijn the box.