Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishLava2MTK

What's The Best Pair Of Waders To Buy For A Big Guy?

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

I am looking to invest in a new "good" pair of waders. I am a big guy 6'2 300lb and want to get a pair that fits nice and is not too tight. Also one that will last and can take the abuse from the surf and rocks. Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated? 

I like my Snowbee waders.  They make a stout.  Comfortable enough to sit down or drive to another fishing hole without having to change.  Think I paid about $100 for them three years ago in Hatteras.  As you can see in my avitar, they will keep the fish juice off of you as well.    

I like my Snowbee waders.  They make a stout.  Comfortable enough to sit down or drive to another fishing hole without having to change.  Think I paid about $100 for them three years ago in Hatteras.  As you can see in my avitar, they will keep the fish juice off of you as well.    

Old Stock Chest insulated neoprene RED BALLS are my favorite..

Keep an eye out for a NIB old pair. Sometimes they pop up on auction sites. 

I love my OLD manufactured arm pit Red Ball's XXL  They're worth repairing / patching / and keeping alive. Warm in the cold & pretty tough. 

2nd choice a giant wet suit I know we may look like Walrus but they're safer than having to ziplock your belt around your body

3rd choice - Walk into Orvis - Old Orvis Black high chest Waders where always pretty kick butt & lasted me over a decade & going.  Not sure what they carry now - but my brother got a pair that look really well made. 

Then Simms G3 & Chotas are pricey but pretty cool & light. I never had a set of either but would like to try em'

But nothing could replace my old red ball's It Sucks They stopped making the old style arm pit high neo RB's 

Let me know what you end up with..... & how they work out.  

Winter waders Summer waders.  PS I'd stay away from felt soles laws keep changing. & you may want to do some other fishing where felt soles are now banned.  I'd get stocking foot's if ya can't find those olds awesome RB's

Good Luck Wader Hunting. Check out some "Duck Hunting" Waders too !!!! Especially on a budget. They have the big sizes & good insulation if you fish yr round. Or close to it. 

Until they come out with a liquid electrical tape bath tub that's the best I got. 

I second the Snowbees which I have. I'm the same size as you. They discontinued them thougth. There breathable which is a plus. I'm going to have to look for a backup pair just in case and I'm looking like you.

I was thinking of a wet suit but I figured I would look identical to a walrus! I will do research on all of these waders you guys mentioned. Now at least I have a few names to start with. Thanks for all the input.

Anyone have and opinions on a huge wetsuit? What brand or size for a 6'2 300 pounder?

when i was in the 300lb range i went with the LL Bean Rapid River Boot Foots lil pricey but the warrenty made it a done deal, bring back no questions asked. they come in a King size so youll have room for you and and sweatshirt no problem.. Now at 220 i have smaller RRivers they just are releasing a new improved style..

Joe

I gotta lose weight cause Snobee does not make stout any longer.  Penn stopped making 707's and the NPS is stopping us from driving on hatteras.  Next thing you know I will have to fish on a boat.

What size boot do you need? Finding a wader that fits is easy as long as you don't need a boot over 12 or 13. Very few choices once you reach 14 and over.

Marc

I never tried a snowbee so I cant say..

but I looked far and wide and then bought th3 cabelas breathable stout waders and have been very happy with them.. you vcan catch them ob sale from time to time for 150 bucks and they are tough, breathable and comfortable..

I have a size 14 foot and am 320 lbs and they fit me just fine...

one other "good trust worthy" company I have found for us big guys is a nice friendly bunch of guys down south called "big camo" look them up on google yes they have waders too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mml4 View Post

What size boot do you need? Finding a wader that fits is easy as long as you don't need a boot over 12 or 13. Very few choices once you reach 14 and over.

Marc

I am a 13 shoe.