Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iPlug

felt or vibram soles boot 4 surf ?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

hey, thanks in advance for any advice . im new to the site and only been surf fishing for a yr (all bait ) now i plan on wading and throwing plugs starting this season , so i was wondering which would be better for surf fishing of the sand and some jetty fishing , felt soles or vibram soles boots ? and maybe the pros and cons of 1 over the other .....thanks again

Thanks so far for the advice , now I want to know if u install cleats into your wading boots do u take them out when your fishing of the sand or do u leave them in permanently regardless whether your fishing of the sand or jetties .

Felt soled waders are under attack for transferring unwelcome organisms from one spot to another. It may not affect saltwater fishermen in the state that you fish in, but Rhode Island has just outlawed felt soled waders in all waters, fresh and salt. It wouldn't surprise me if other states followed suit.

If you have a choice, buy non felt soled waders. ;)

Felt soled waders are under attack for transferring unwelcome organisms from one spot to another. It may not affect saltwater fishermen in the state that you fish in, but Rhode Island has just outlawed felt soled waders in all waters, fresh and salt. It wouldn't surprise me if other states followed suit.

If you have a choice, buy non felt soled waders. ;)

Thats something to really consider stewie , I'm leaning towards the Simms G3 waders with their guide vibram sole boot

I fish both freshwater and saltwater, but I use Simms waders and korkers boots for both. Korkers makes a boot with interchangeable soles for any terrain. I wear the korker bottoms for the rocks and jetties and also on the rivers that I fish. But when you are on the beach the vibram or rubber soles will do just fine. Definitely look into both when making a choice

Buy separate waders and boots unless you spend most of your time on sand. There are places I don't wade, but wear my cleated boots over woolies for traction. I now have two pair of boots, one felt ,one rubber both with cleats in them. You get a lot more ankle support with stockingfeet waders and wading boots. I also have bootfoots, but they are old and hot. Never liked them at all, no ankle support, lousy on rocks, even with Korkers.