Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jameso20o

Billfisher swivels?

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

I'm going to have to Google the Krok swivel. I've never seen them in a store. OTOH, the Spro swivels I buy have been just fine, and I'd still buy Roscoe swivels if I wanted them for an application that needed ball bearings - partyboat tuna, for example.

Their not that difficult to find. Saltwaters, Westmarine, Sea isle, J&H

Never seen them in J&H or Saltwaters only Spros, Tsunami (junk) and Roscos, CC Tackle is pretty cheap on the Kroks with the 50pks.

I'll check out West Marine and Sea Isle tho thanks

Billfisher are fine for chunking. I use spros for eels and plugs or I use an Alberto Knot. As far as durability is concerned I can't recall ever having a swivel break in my entire life so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Billfisher Stainless swivels:

I discovered these 3 years ago at the shop that builds my custom rods. They were pricey however I noticed that thet were double swivel.

This gave me idea I wanted to try that did not work well with single bearing set swivels. I used two swivels spaced slightly mor than a foot

apart on my leader with the thought that they very low tension required to rotate the double bearing billfisher swivels would help prevent line

windup on my verticle spinning outfit . It worked great ! I use them all them with the heavily loaded spinning outfits with great sucess. If you

fear to many connections , just clip the set-up to your line after a days use and run off your line that is twisted and you will see how well these

work . They are pricey but man do they turn easily ! Tite Lines !