Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy B

Last Createx paint question (hopefully!!)

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I used my new Badger airbrush today for the first time and it was fantastic!! It solved all my splattering paint problems and really let me control the ultra-fine mist of paint so well! I am very happy.

My question is do you guys etex right over pearl Createx paints? I can add a coat of clear (maybe polycrylic), but don't want to if I don't have to.

Thanks for all the help. Andy

Yes you etex right over createx, but you have to let createx dry for a few days IMO. NO moisture should be on plug before etex and use as little water as possible. I thin my paint as little as possible without spatter. You have to experiment with water for thinning. If it sprays fine without any water, use it right out of the bottle.

I got the wicked colors line of createx can i use water to thin this stuff also? suppose to have an automotive catalyst in it if that matters at all. i told the salesperson what i was doing with it and idk if he understood that i was painting wood with it but i notice it's very difficult to spray my badger without it spattering and just clogging it up..:confused:

I got the wicked colors line of createx can i use water to thin this stuff also? suppose to have an automotive catalyst in it if that matters at all. i told the salesperson what i was doing with it and idk if he understood that i was painting wood with it but i notice it's very difficult to spray my badger without it spattering and just clogging it up..:confused:

One of the guys on this site gave me this mixture for a reducer and I've been using it with good luck.

Denatured Alcohol 1 cup

Distilled water 3 cups

Eagle One 20/20 glass cleaner 1 cup

6-8 drops of glycerin.

I used my new Badger airbrush today for the first time and it was fantastic!! It solved all my splattering paint problems and really let me control the ultra-fine mist of paint so well! I am very happy.

My question is do you guys etex right over pearl Createx paints? I can add a coat of clear (maybe polycrylic), but don't want to if I don't have to.

Thanks for all the help. Andy

Some guys, myself included have had problems with epoxying over pearl, you can either spray a light clear over it or if you wait 10min after mixing the epoxy to put it on the plug it ususally solves the problem. I usually just shoot some clear as added protection in case a plug gets bumped or dropped before it gets to the spinner

One of the guys on this site gave me this mixture for a reducer and I've been using it with good luck.

Denatured Alcohol 1 cup

Distilled water 3 cups

6-8 drops of glycerin.

i purchased the auto air reducer when i picked up the paints so i'm all set in that department. just gotta send out my airbrush to badger for a rebuild and some new tips and needles..

Denatured Alcohol 1 cup

Distilled water 3 cups

6-8 drops of glycerin.

That's just way too much crap to mix for a cutter. Straight Windex is the best Createx cutter IMHO.

I've just started building and painting, but (knock on wood) I haven't had any problems e-texing over pearl. However, I do let the e-tex sit for 10 minutes after mixing it. I was a little impatient yesterday and e-texed a pencil that I painted an hour earlier. It surprisingly came out fine. 700

For thinning ANY acrylic paint I add a few drops of Future acrylic floor wax to an equal amount of water and I strain all paints before spraying...hasn't failed me yet!

Thanks for all the answers. I sprayed a little clear over the paint tonight. Tomorrow I will etex and see what happens. Fingers crossed!!

Basslover, that looks great. Nice colors!

I use Wicked paints quite a bit and reduce them with either AutoAir or Wicked reducer, but I think anything you use for Createx will work for Wicked.

I agree you can e-tex over pearl, but I now clear coat everything before e-tex. I use rattle can clear. At the very least, it covers any fingerprints or other blemishes. My top coats are WAY better since I began doing this.

HP

To be safe, I cleared with polycrylic (sprayed from can) adn then etexed. I also waited about 25 minutes after I mixed the etex because I wanted a thicker coat. For what it's worth, the gold pearl paint look unbelievable. It almost looks like gold leaf. I had some grit stuck to the plug when I cleared, and that poked through my etex a little, but other than that, the finish looks great. It didn't seem to have rippled at all. I'll put up some pics this weekend when I get it wired and get some daylight to work with.