Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NJTomatoguy

New dog.. How soon?

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

My dog died a week ago. This house is empty. How long do most of you guys wait?

I had 2. Lost one in June, and one last week.. Took a trip to the shelter, and found a great dog..

This didn't help:450

Thanks,

NJT

You will most certainly know.

In December I had to have Roscoe put down ( Kidney failure) after 11 years.

Damn near killed me.

I rescued a hound cross out of Mississippi last month.

He's a great pup and it does fill some of the emptiness.

Roscoe will never be forgotten, I think he's guiding Gunner along the way.

Me too....

[img=

Roscoe ↑↑↑

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3142564/width/600/height/450]

Gunner ↑↑↑

You found a great dog? Go get it. You and the new pup will adjust together. Sorry for the loss of your dog and congrats on the new one.

Thanks guys,

Went today and put in the application..and again spent some time with the pup too.. He is fairly mellow for a young dog, knows sit, gave paw, brushed him down, checked his ears and teeth, even grabbed his tail and gave a tug.. all fine with him, loved the attention

He is strong, and pulled pretty good on the leash. That can be corrected. He also jumped up a bit.. That can be corrected also.. He has a lot of potential. I was the third app on him, but the guy showing me the dog said he was going to recommend me because

I am an experienced Large breed owner. It also helps that I have a fully fenced property, and a doggie door already installed. He said he wants me to get this dog.

3 day waiting period, but I wish I could go get him today. Thay just called and had me give a verbal release to the vet, so now just waiting it out...

NJT

Thanks guys,

Went today and put in the application..and again spent some time with the pup too.. He is fairly mellow for a young dog, knows sit, gave paw, brushed him down, checked his ears and teeth, even grabbed his tail and gave a tug.. all fine with him, loved the attention

He is strong, and pulled pretty good on the leash. That can be corrected. He also jumped up a bit.. That can be corrected also.. He has a lot of potential. I was the third app on him, but the guy showing me the dog said he was going to recommend me because

I am an experienced Large breed owner. It also helps that I have a fully fenced property, and a doggie door already installed. He said he wants me to get this dog.

3 day waiting period, but I wish I could go get him today. Thay just called and had me give a verbal release to the vet, so now just waiting it out...

NJT

:th:

good luck, as everyone said you know when the time is right, losing an old friend is hard but your heart is big enuf to love a new dog as well as the one that has passed