Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

It's a Warm, Misty Friday.......

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

About 45 degrees here this morning with fog and mist. Supposed to clear off later this afternoon and reach about 50. Relatively warm tomorrow again with sun, and then it looks like the storm that might have been a decent snowfall is gonna head out to sea south of here :th:, so it will be cloudy and then sunny with highs around 40 most of the week, showers possible on Wednesday but near 50 again by then.

So, whatchya making?

Tonight is take-out Chinese.

Isn't a whole lot on sale this week, so I guess tomorrow I will make a lasagna.

Sunday is up in the air, as I plan on meeting the guys down at the canal for Tim's breakfast thing. So whatever I make on Sunday will have to be relatively simple, as who knows what time I will get home......might get something to throw on the grill, such as lamb chops, London broil, or perhaps a pork tenderloin (that is on sale at Stop and Shop for $6.99/each, Hormel vac packed).

Monday is a bank holiday (President's Day) so Donna is home for dinner, and I will most likely make a roast chicken.

Rest of the week, probably left over lasagna one night, something with leftover chicken another night, and the third night, I dunno, maybe Sloppy Joe's (still have made them, last time it turned into meatloaf), or maybe some chili that I have in the freezer from my last batch.

What are YOU making? Since this week is Ash Wednesday, I suppose that those of you that observe it will be going meatless, as well as on Fridays until Easter.

Whats Tim's breakfast thing?

Why are people going to the canal in Feb? :confused:

Yeah, I saw that in another thread.

I'm totally going to TP his house this weekend.

If you guys come up for it, I'll go to the breakfast.

Whats Tim's breakfast thing?

Why are people going to the canal in Feb? :confused:

Evidently Tim and Carole are spending a week on the Cape to go antique shopping or something like that. In the Mass Forum, he offered to buy breakfast for any SOLers that showed up at a certain breakfast place near the canal on Sunday morning. And I think he is doing the same thing in Rhode Island on his way back the following week.

As to why people are going to the canal in February......many that are going are fairly local, and others are going just for the get together. I have to go down there to hopefully pick up some stuff for the Food Fling, so I figured that would be as good a day to do it as any to make the trip worth it.

:laugh:.....Nice suggestion, nice offer, but truthfully I currently have no use for it right now......

Ah-HAH! I knew it! He's a fraidy cat, worried he'd be proven wrong! :dismay:

I can't imagine that Donna would have much use for the dirty ice cubes at this time of year, It might not be a bad move to take the dirty trays out and stash a roll or two in there.

I gotta wonder, what do you put the sloppy joe on?

Buying a 30 pound bucket of maine Shrimp this afternoon, gonna spend tomorrow morning putting them up.  Shrimp is on the menu.

Slumming it this week, lotta catering.  Next week is another story-Gluttony Fest 2012.  Wife and kids are off to FL to visit mother in law.

I have a clear calender and my mission is to enjoy with gusto all the foods I love that my beautiful Irish lass does not like (pretty much everything).

I see lambs, I see seafood, I see all sorts of yummy things, so many it makes my little head spin.

Woo Hoo.

I can't imagine that Donna would have much use for the dirty ice cubes at this time of year, It might not be a bad move to take the dirty trays out and stash a roll or two in there.

I gotta wonder, what do you put the sloppy joe on?

She uses ice cubes every weekend when she goes out and about, even in the middle of winter.

As to the Sloppy Joe's, almost by definition they go on a hamburger type roll that is about the same as Wonder Bread, so the so called "kaiser/hard rolls" from anyplace up here is the same thing (and part of my point.....;))

You DO know that John O's definition of a "hard roll" is a Stop and Shop brand hamburger roll that comes in the 8-packs in the bread aisle, and you leave it out on the counter for a few days to go stale, right? :laugh::dismay::p

You don't say.

That's just crazy, down hear a hard roll isn't even hard, really.

It's got nice poppy seeds on it, and you can get them fresh from the bakery.

You can even buy one of em if you wanted to.

Strange how civilization kinda ends at Forest Park, as soon as you hit it you can sorta tell that somethings not right.

I bet if you bought some curtains, you could move to Ct. ;)