Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
senorzog

molded cones for stripping basket?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Mike:  have the orvis basket, love it.  I use it out front and back.  However I want something that I can put some big holes in to drain quickly for fishing the jetties and sandbars out front.  Cant afford to buy another so i figured id try to make one for a few bucks.  If I destroy it.. o well

Crunch:  Golf tees are may just be the ticket.  Cheap and easy.

Mike:  have the orvis basket, love it.  I use it out front and back.  However I want something that I can put some big holes in to drain quickly for fishing the jetties and sandbars out front.  Cant afford to buy another so i figured id try to make one for a few bucks.  If I destroy it.. o well

Crunch:  Golf tees are may just be the ticket.  Cheap and easy.

I Hear you. As to getting rid of water quickly fastest way I know is to dump it by lifting your tray with your non rod hand. Must faster than even big holes.

Mike

Mike is right. A quick palm under the water filled basket and lifted to yout belly or chest evacuates the liquid much faster than drilled holes.

If you drill holes big enough to match that fast exit of water, they will catch your line because water will seek the lowest level because of the hydralics of gravity and water and suck your line down the holes.

Just following the physics of the thought.

It is like the two Texas A&M under graduates hunting deer in the Big Bend Country along the Mexican border. The tallest Texan shoots a beautiful 14 point buck. The shorter one misses an even bigger horned buck. They start dragging the 14 pointer back to their pick up truck by its hind legs. They are having a terrible time dragging that deer out. A engineering Major from the Univ. of Texas spots them struggling in the pucker brush and cactus and stops them and advises them that GOD put a point of Purchase on every thing and on Big Bend Deer the purchase point is its horns. He said, If''n you grab that buck by the horns, y'all will notice that you are pulling it in the direction that lays the hair flat aginest the body. Thus reducing the coieficient of friction and that big buck will just slide along the ground. They tried it and it worked. They were about 30 more minutes into the dragging of the carcus and the tall Aggie says to the short Aggie. "That old boy from "u.t." (y'all notice the little u and the little t") got it right! This buck is just sliding right alone. The Short one stopped and looked at the tall one and said, "He weren't that smart!" the tall one said, "what do y'all mean." The Short one said, "Don't y'all realize weve been hauling this here deer away from the Pick up Truck."

Listen to the voice of experience, y'all's.

I sent both my Sons to Texas A&M and I collect Aggie Jokes! Tom Class of 89 and Peter Class of 95 would be embarrassed that I spout them where ever I wander. so mums da woid!

Best spikes I've used are plastic conical electrical caps. They come in different sizes and colors. I ended up with ones about 1.5" tall. Bring a SS screw and washer up through the bottom of the Rubbermaid

and then hand tighten these caps onto the tops of the screws. Works great, just make sure the caps are flush with the interior surface of the Rubbermaid or your line will sneak under. Cheap and effective.

These are the caps I'm talking about. http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-page-main/ehow/images/a05/mj/so/connect-end-caps-electrical-wire-800x800.jpg400

Weedwacker cord works well

Not the kind with edges. The round kind only. I like the electric cap nits. Stanless steel screws & washers? I might experiment with dipping the in epoxy or the blue light stuff to make the smooth and slick