Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

This little guy has a nasty temperament

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Interesting clip for sure. Whats even more amazing is that it was found off of Japan, considering the way the Japanese cull anything that swims with no regard for the long term life of any species :(

i think they have some at the camden aquarium. whys it say prehistoric shark found alive haha. not like it was extinct

Camden has a Great Hammerhead shark- only one in the country in captivity. The shark rays there look cool as hell. And if you look hard enough you'll see a school of 7 small 10" stripers that were added last year.

But they do not have this shark.

Makes you wonder what else is swimming out there that we don’t know about.

In an Oceanic Biology class in college, it was noted that we presumably only know ~5% of what is out there. A 10 year “Census of Marine life” was conducted in 2010-10. 1,650 species where discovered within 18 taxonomic groups, crustacea being the most prevalent at 452 found. Lease group found was 1 mammalia.

Interesting clip for sure. Whats even more amazing is that it was found off of Japan, considering the way the Japanese cull anything that swims with no regard for the long term life of any species :(

Looks like the fish bites man instead of the other way around.

I understand a little Japanese. I'm pretty sure the guy said something about making sushi with it.

i always thought the same thing, thats crazy how its jaws pop out of its face

It dawned on me that perhaps, this is how it got it's name (goblin shark)...it almost appears normal, then shoots it mouth out like the movie 'Alien', but almost like it's saying 'boo'...LOL

That is Pretty Sick how his jaw pops out of its head. Just crazy to think whats in our Oceans.

Many sharks, including the great white and tiger sharks, jut their mouth out to some extent...but nothing like that - creepy looking