Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoIslanders

Older generation Levelwinds

4 posts in this topic

While I realize that the Fathom & the GT2 are now (or at least seem to be) the "primary" levelwind reels from Penn, I have to say I am still a fan of the older (9M, 209M, etc) series, especially given the price point. I would like to say that why are you still making them with bushings? Would you consider restarting production on the Mag 10 and the 210? They are far superior with little, if any, increase in the cost of production. They would be very popular, IMHO.

In addition, are the 9M, etc, still popular in terms of sales? What about the 309 (I never figured it was popular on the east coast)?

Thanks.

While I realize that the Fathom & the GT2 are now (or at least seem to be) the "primary" levelwind reels from Penn, I have to say I am still a fan of the older (9M, 209M, etc) series, especially given the price point. I would like to say that why are you still making them with bushings? Would you consider restarting production on the Mag 10 and the 210? They are far superior with little, if any, increase in the cost of production. They would be very popular, IMHO.

In addition, are the 9M, etc, still popular in terms of sales? What about the 309 (I never figured it was popular on the east coast)?

Thanks.

Good morning.....At the present moment there were no plans to restart the Mag series of reels.And yes.....the 9,209 and 309 reels still sell pretty decent for Penn. Either by the reel itself or in combo's. In the service department ,we see these great old level winds come through weekly. A lot of these reels are handed down from generation to generation......I've always appreciated the dark burgandy color side plates.....a beautiful reel indeed!!

Tom ;)

Too bad about the 10 and 210. They are far superior to the 9 and 209.

Thanks for the reply.

I presently own and use a Penn Mag 10 fishing reel.

I have replaced the level wind components with a crossbar and added one magnet . It is a first class fishing machine. C2