Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy B

A paint problem. Need help.

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I took out my createx paints tonight and begfan spraying my first plug with them (a bunker pattern). I got the flat white and metalic gold down fine but the black back is spitting instead of spraying nicely. I can't say that the other colors weren't doing the same but you just can't see it as easily with them.

I am using opaque black, white, and metalic gold thinned about 50% or more with illustraion base. I am using my old single action brush and have no pressure control on my compressor. It is about 40lbs when idling and less than half of that when spraying (small tank).

Can anyone help!?

Thanks. Andy

Check the hole in the top of the bottle. If it is clogged, you may have issues. Cleaning may also help if you have some crap in the brush. I prefer the siphon feed brushes myself.

Jigman

I'm going to sand down a little and move forward again from the gold layer. I was in a room about 71 degrees. I don't think the vent hole was clogged. I always seem to have a problem with black for some reason. I'm also going to face my fears and use my new airbrush tonight or tomorrow. It's long overdue.

Does the ratio of illustraion base to paint make a difference? I actually want to use only about 10% paint next time to try to control the intensity of the black a little better.

One other thought. My brush is a fixed needle size now. Do you need or is it critical to have a certain size needle for a certain type or consistency of paint?

Thanks!!

if it's spitting/splattering. you have a bad/bent needle tip. try cutting your Createx with Windex instead of water. It's by far the best cutter from my experience. Take the gun apart and give it a thorough cleaning. Soak the parts with Windex. Good Luck.

I would clean the gun check the needle for damage and cut your paint even a little thinner of possible lower your pressure a bot more if that doesn't work top feed iwata is were it's at great brushes good luck

Createx makes an airbrush restorer. Every so often when I have been having problems with the brush I'll let it soak for a couple of hours (remove the rubber o-ring) and then do a thorough clean with brushes. You would be suprized that the amount of stuff that sticks to the inside of an airbursh even if you do clean it regularily :shock:

Jigman