Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kerry83

Striper season

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Ok, we're just around the corner for the back bay opening up. I've been planning new spots and lures I want to use. I'm thinking my go to may be a 7 1/2" sluggo with teaser.

Anyone else looking foward to this year? If its anything like last year, we're gonna have some fun.

I sure as hell am. I just got myself a G. Loomis LR844S and cannot wait to but a bend in that rod. I am going to start out throwing sluggos and some mirrolures. Thank god spring break starts the weekend of March 1st. Got all week to put a hurtin on some fish.

Ever use wide gap worm "shank" hooks for sluggos

The type you would use for fw finesse bass fishing?

I saw gamakatsu just came out with some 5/0 & 6/0 sizes

Guess everyone is heading straight for the back and forgetting about outfront. Still being caught outfront at night but this should be a very interesting Spring with how the temps have been extremely out of wack. Sluggos? I do okay with these but I have better nights with live eels in the back.....

Ever use wide gap worm "shank" hooks for sluggos

The type you would use for fw finesse bass fishing?

I saw gamakatsu just came out with some 5/0 & 6/0 sizes

Absolutely! The only way to throw them...for me anyway. They also make the same hooks with weight on the "KEEL". I've seen no difference in hook ups and rig them Texas style.

I sure as hell am. I just got myself a G. Loomis LR844S and cannot wait to but a bend in that rod. I am going to start out throwing sluggos and some mirrolures. Thank god spring break starts the weekend of March 1st. Got all week to put a hurtin on some fish.

I had an original LR844S G loomis with double footed guides before I broke it and was replaced with the current shamino made G-loomis that are now made with single footed guides. Overall, the action changed a little with the different guides from the original, but still a great rod, especially plugging the back