Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonesy

Rush is right. GOP got rope-a-doped.

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Rush is making sense today. the GOP got set up on this birth control debacle.

I'd say we should focus on jobs and the economy but even the Repubs (except Mitt Romney) don't want to talk about those. They want to stick to culture wars and government encroachment. :mad:

Repubs have to get it together and rally around Mitt. He's the only one with a a shot at beating Obama. Does anyone disagree? ***!!

I'd say we should focus on jobs and the economy but even the Repubs (except Mitt Romney) don't want to talk about those. They want to stick to culture wars and government encroachment. :mad:

Repubs have to get it together and rally around Mitt. He's the only one with a a shot at beating Obama. Does anyone disagree? ***!!

they were done long before this issue.........they have a serious lack of quality peopel running for the nomination........the voters have rejected all of them.

Really? I guess I don't see it. I know it's a great media meal, but I'm not seeing the economy being ignored. However, with such a large voting block at stake, you can see why there is such an investment in time and resources.

I didn't say the economy was being ignored,

I said I think the GOP sees THIS issue as the only one they can win with.....

and it's a hail mary at best.

I thought Obama was destined to be a one termer,

but I think the GOP might have mucked it up.

I think they still have gains in both houses, but Obama probably wins.

I agree. 'It's the economy, stupid.' , should be our mantra, not some culture war bullspit. :mad: I, for one, will not vote for Santorum; he's crazier than a crap house rat. Not to mention the fact that he lost his senatorial election by what, 17 points? The guy has loser written all over him. Frankly, I like the availability of contraception, and 'eff the religious mother muckers who want to take that 'right' away from me. :squid:

No one is trying to take the right to birth control or the morning after abortion pill, pay for it your own self! Why should an institution who feels this is morally wrong be forced to provide something that's morally wrong to them?

Obama has by and large lost me,

because he was talking a good talk during the election,

and hasn't backed it up.

we are too mired in partisan rhetoric in this country,

hell read SOL......

both sides tend to look at this problem caused ONLY by the other side.

I distrust anyone who claims they can fix the economy by doing what their party wants done.

(sorry, if any Republican thinks the economy can be fixed by ONLY cutting Liberal social programs, then they haven't looked hard at the numbers)

(if any Democrat thinks we can fix the economy simply by taxing the 1% "Their fair share" then they haven't looked at the numbers)

This issue will pass and we will finally get a Repub nominee...then the real war will begin, and I think ground zero will be the economy. The attacks on Obama's spending will become ruthless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post

The attacks on Obama's spending will become ruthless.

what spending?

this is why and how the GOP will lose.

I think a reasoned plan to deal with the economy will resonate a lot more than a blind partisan attack.

trying to pretend Obama caused the problem and just "undoing" Obama's programs will solve everything,

will turn off most of the moderates.

moderates who are looking for a politician with a REAL plan.

What spending? Did you say that with a serious face? That's not a partisan attack. It's a numbers statement. It will take a very serious and aggressive program to build our economy, and we have just gotten more of the same for three years (A LOT more of the same). Again, not partisan, just factual. So the opposing candidates are going to point that out and hammer on it. Not sure why you take offense to the reality. Perhaps you should leave your television off from August to November.