Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TurtleCove

Airwave

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Just curious how you guys feel above the 9' Airwave. I'm looking for a 9' guest rod, that I'll also use myself from time to time to throw smaller bucktails and bombers on the sound beaches. I already have a lineup of lami's and st croix's, but didn't want to break the bank on a rod that won't be used that much. What I'm trying to get at, is this rod suitable for the lighter stuff? Thanks in advance guys.

Love mine. I live and fish in an area where big bait doesn't typically show and that rod made all the difference in the world for me. Paired it with a 710z bailless.

Great purchase.

I agree, very good for the money. In a pinch I've thrown well over what the rod is rated for without any issues. Since then I gifted it as comminuty tackle at the beach house. Durable and light compared to others in this class.

I have one and its GREAT for bombers :) Much more moderate than my 9' tica and almost as good as my Arra 1083..........for 1/3 the price ;)

I'm in the market for a 9' rod for throwing the lighter stuff like 3/4oz bucktails and bombers. I was pretty much set on getting the 9' Tica Dolphin. But you have me thinking about the airwave now. This is especially interesting because you have both. Which Tica model do you have.

Also I almost bought a used Arra 1083, but I heard they can be fragile.

I'm in the market for a 9' rod for throwing the lighter stuff like 3/4oz bucktails and bombers. I was pretty much set on getting the 9' Tica Dolphin. But you have me thinking about the airwave now. This is especially interesting because you have both. Which Tica model do you have.

Also I almost bought a used Arra 1083, but I heard they can be fragile.

The Tica and Airwave are both good bomber rods. The Tica is good because the tip is pretty light in the first 6 inches. The Airwave is a more moderate action overall. The Airwave is better for small pencil poppers , both rods are about even for a bucktail or bomber.

Really cant go wrong with either rod, its more a matter of feel and personal preference.

That 1083 you almost bought is a killer bomber rod. They are fine from the beach. Just don't abuse it high sticking , holding the tip real high when landing a fish. I would not recommend the 1083 for Jetty and inlet fishing being higher up and having to put more pressure on the fish or lifting fish, its not a good choice.

Just curious how you guys feel above the 9' Airwave. I'm looking for a 9' guest rod, that I'll also use myself from time to time to throw smaller bucktails and bombers on the sound beaches. I already have a lineup of lami's and st croix's, but didn't want to break the bank on a rod that won't be used that much. What I'm trying to get at, is this rod suitable for the lighter stuff? Thanks in advance guys.

I know that you are looking for a nine foot and i am currently selling a practically brand new 10ft medium heavy Tsunami Airwave in combination with a Saltist reel on the buy ..sell.trade forum.

My opinion after having about 15 fish on it during the fall run.(..the biggest fish about twenty pounds) is that it is a wonderful...very light rod and casts bucktails and two ounce plugs beautifully. The rod even though it's a two piece, really has a lot of power and a4 ounce sweet spot. I wouldn't be selling it, if i didn't already have another six better rods. Personally,even though i am a big Lami and Century fan...for the money, the airwave is a very good value.. I have fished the nine footer, too and never had a problem. Good luck.

If you can find them new still the older ones had Fuji guides on them. They went to their own guides sometime about a year and a half ago. Lots of folks went out of their minds about it.

If mine busted I wouldn't hesitate to replace it with another.

The Tica and Airwave are both good bomber rods. The Tica is good because the tip is pretty light in the first 6 inches. The Airwave is a more moderate action overall. The Airwave is better for small pencil poppers , both rods are about even for a bucktail or bomber.

Really cant go wrong with either rod, its more a matter of feel and personal preference.

That 1083 you almost bought is a killer bomber rod. They are fine from the beach. Just don't abuse it high sticking , holding the tip real high when landing a fish. I would not recommend the 1083 for Jetty and inlet fishing being higher up and having to put more pressure on the fish or lifting fish, its not a good choice.

That's exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks.