Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Winch

Going on a drive about.

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I feeling like the walls are closing in on me. Kid has the next week off and we have decided to jump in the truck and drive. Thinking North but no set destinations. Time for the open road and not giving a dam. LOL

Guys it's not a fishing trip (yes I will bring rods) its a drive about. I have no intentions of just fishing, were exploring. Were getting out of the Bay Area rut. We may even head South or inland. Heck we may just go to Canada. Just want to change up the pace of life for a week or so. I may even check out house prices, shoot off some ammo, gamble, or just drive. No plans just freedom of the open road.

that sounds like fun Winch, I use to do that stuff with my Grandfather....we would go to roads we never been and just see where it takes us. We would pull over explore and keep on going to new areas. I remember finding a old ghost town with old mining equipment. I was shocked how big some of this stuff was considering all they had was horses and carriages back then.

Sierraville

Just a short drive up 89 from Truckee

They have a very nice hotsprings just outta town. Ask them about their 'meadow pool'

It's not the destination that matters...

Brooks River , Alaska....And you won't have to look for bears...Cuz they're always following you waiting for fish...:D

Jim in a truck with two teenagers all the way to Alaska? Your nuts man. ;)

Had to call the trip early my plans to float the Rogue fell apart with heavy rains and my Oregon buddy coming down with the stomach flu. Didn't want to catch his bug so belined home. Four days up the coast and one day down 5 to get home. Saw plenty of steelies(never wet a line) elk, turkey (non human type) and lots of geese and ducks headed south. Beautiful scenery, got perch and striper info I will use this summer from up there. House prices are CHEAP!!!:shock:

Good to be home but the soul did need the trip. Lets see how long I can stay in a "nice" mood. LOL

Winck..too bad on the trip...But u got some info for a future trip..Fished a lot in Oregon for salmon & steelies..They didn't like us Cali boys..Seems california retires ran the price of homes up when they relocate there....You shudda gone to Alaska anyway..At least for the plug wood ???:D.....Jim