Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sjbkicker39

Season on the Edge !!!

Rate this topic

65 posts in this topic

Just wanted to start a thread on the show Season on the Edge. I know it was started before, but everyone was just discussing the Montauk episode.

Personally, I love it !!

The show is so different compared to everything else on NBC Sports. Mr. Baldwin shows many aspects of fishing. He shows the beauty of the fishing, the fun, the humorous side, the art, and more. When we fish, theres more then just fishing. There are the quick trips to the tackle shops, setting up and gearing up, the fishing part, the part where before, during and after we fish we just look around and make that big "sigh" and say "ahhhhh" look how beautiful it is around you. There is also the chatter between all the anglers, the joking, the seriousness, and the one thing we love, the food, restaurants, and the bars. I love the show and love how it is structured. Like most of you said in another thread, its not long enough. Yeah well, we cant do anything about that. Its a 30 minute time slot. I wish it was longer too, but it cant. But what it does for me is say, cant wait till next weeks new episode. To me it is an all around fishing show. It isn't Bill Dance show where he sits on a damn boat and chats and catches, and does it all over again (no disrespect to big bill dance). I dont know how many of you watched the Rhode Island episode, but i love the opening scenes of all the guys on the rocks the with sunset/sunrise. It was awesome. Again, I love the show and I love how different it is. It is unique, just like what us surfcasters do hear in the northeast is unique to people elsewhere.

So what does everyone else think so far now that there are more episodes?

Both Montauk and R.I. episodes were exceptional ! Really told it like it is. Showed SMALL fish when that was what was caught. I HATE it when a show HYPES a location , and gives you a REAL SNOW JOB !

i loved the opening scene of everyone on the rock! what would be sick if he did like a documentary and sold it on dvd of the northeast...or a documentary of like 4 or 5 different places...that would be sick...he has the perfect setup to do so....the show is awesome...he'd make an awesome documentary out of fishing

In the very begining of the RI show he catches a real nice sized Albie blind casting... I was surprized they didnt make a bigger deal about that. That was a real nice sized fish too.

I agree. That was a beautiful Albie he caught. I really enjoy the show.

Definitely a nice niche show for the New England area. Though, last week I think the show was down in Florida with Alberto... Looking forward to future shows. Maybe one in NJ??????

Definitely a nice niche show for the New England area. Though, last week I think the show was down in Florida with Alberto... Looking forward to future shows. Maybe one in NJ??????

So far they have been in Alaska, Montauk, Louisiana, Florida, and Rhode Island.

I've seen the Montauk, Florida, and Rhode Island shows. I thought that the Rhoddy show was the best since there was more fishing and less dribble. The best parts were when the mic was off (guess they didn't want to get it wet).

The Florida show put me to sleep. Fishing in 18 inches of water, and even less, for juvenile Reds doesn't exactly get my juices flowing.

I've seen the Montauk, Florida, and Rhode Island shows. I thought that the Rhoddy show was the best since there was more fishing and less dribble. The best parts were when the mic was off (guess they didn't want to get it wet).

The Florida show put me to sleep. Fishing in 18 inches of water, and even less, for juvenile Reds doesn't exactly get my juices flowing.

Maybe Ken is learning about too much dribble.