Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Visiting my dad in VA Beach next week...

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I just got here today from Southern MD, and can only tell you that the 3 B&T stores I called today from here said not to bring a rod if I wasn't planning on going on a boat. The gentleman I spoke too tonight at Rudee's inlet confirmed that he hadn't had a hit in a few weeks, but still fishes every night.

If you find a boat to go out on that's looking for 1-2 people on Sunday or Monday, shoot a pm and my wife and I will gladly pay our way. We don't know anyone from here and can't cover an entire charter for just the two of us. We're going out whale watching tommorow with the aquarium boat, its $28 for 2 hours.

No reason not to. If talking lures there may and I stress may be some schoolies around lynhaven or Rudee inlet. If you go down to Sandbridge you can try for specks but I have not heard of many this winter. If you just want some pullage and have a bait rod, get some bait and hit the Little Island Pier in Sandbridge and you should be able to catch some dog sharks.

Thanks a lot for the info, both of you...I'll throw the rod in the car and play it by ear:-) While the dogfish/sandshark/skate idea doesn't appeal to me very much, my daughter loves the idea of catching 'sharks'...so I may just let her wet a line and live vicariously (sp) through her...LOL