Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eshore09

Republicans CAN actually learn from history.

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

There's hope yet!!!

Could it possibly be that Congressional Republicans have learned something from the last time they tried to tie the middle class tax break and an extension of unemployment benefits to corresponding spending cuts? It APPEARS

an agreement is probable, but who knows with that gang? That 8 or 9% approval rating didn't just happen, it was mostly the result of the tactics employed by those same Republican congressmen and women to make "Obama a one term president". It seems that if they continue on that track, it'll only ENSURE a second term.

Looks REALLY good right now!!

Too bad it took a virtual revolt by reasonable Americans for them to recognize that.

BTW - What happened the first time around, they didn't recognize that, they couldn't recognize that THINKING Americans could actually see what they were really trying to do or were they just too busy kissing tea partiers rear ends to know better?

ONE MORE THING - It won't be an agreement, it'll be an honest to God capitulation to the fact they were WRONG the first time around.

Wow...you may want to take some blood pressure medicine. The first time around they attempted to strongarm the Democrats into practicing some fiscal responsibility, but Americans don't like the insider political games. So this time, no games...and still no Democratic fiscal responsibility.

Blood pressure meds??? I'm absolutely calmed and emboldened by the fact that republicans keep shooting themselves in the foot by trying to (let's hear it one more time) "make Obama a one term president".

So, what happened to"fiscal responsibility" when W waged an unfunded war on Iraq.....what about "fiscal responsibility" when HE initiated tax breaks that disproportionately favored the top 1% without corresponding spending cuts? And YOU talk about "political games"? Check Democratic fiscal responsibility as opposed to republican fiscal responsibility over the last 30 years.

Oh yeah, when was the last time there was actually a balanced budget and the national debt was actually decreasing? HINT - William Jefferson Clinton!!!!

Oh yeah, when was the last time there was actually a balanced budget and the national debt was actually decreasing? HINT - William Jefferson Clinton!!!!

Balanced on paper and only because a republican congress forced his hand. :laugh:

Although all thing considered I would gladly have Bubba back over what we got now.

You need not worry about the republicans trying to make Obama a one termer, he's doing a fine job of that all by himself. :laugh:

By the way where was all the democrat opposition when the war started? Please tell me which ones stood up and voted NO when they had the chance.

Que the crickets

Blood pressure meds??? I'm absolutely calmed and emboldened by the fact that republicans keep shooting themselves in the foot by trying to (let's hear it one more time) "make Obama a one term president".

So, what happened to"fiscal responsibility" when W waged an unfunded war on Iraq.....what about "fiscal responsibility" when HE initiated tax breaks that disproportionately favored the top 1% without corresponding spending cuts? And YOU talk about "political games"? Check Democratic fiscal responsibility as opposed to republican fiscal responsibility over the last 30 years.

Liberals are so historically dumb as to be retarded. Firstly, Bubba came in with large cuts in the military due to our winning the Cold War and the USSR collapsing. Thank Ronald Reagan and to a much less degree GHW Bush. Remember? Bubba cut the defense budget even more (maybe too much) but he and the Missus also tried to socialize the healthcare system of the U.S. which would have at least doubled the budget. Remember? They were stopped and we got a Rep. Senate and House. This Senate and House then pushed Bubba to cut welfare. He vetoed two bills but was finally forced to cut welfare. Remember? And people did not starve in the streets and grandma was not eating alpo. Thank the Reps for that budget, not Bubba. Libs are such clowns.

As to Bush, can't disagree but your failed Messiah has added to the national debt by 1/3 and is litterally spending us into the poorhouse. I know you are happy about this comrade eshore, but I would suggest to you that Cuba is lovely, this time of year. Maybe you'll find paradise there.

Thanks, Knight. That argument is so weak that I refuse to respond. O has practice fiscal suicide for over 3 years. We should expect nothing less in whatever time he may have left. Not sure why the Democrats think it's admirable of him.

I always giggle when tax cut and spend Republicans lecture about fiscal responsibility.

look at our Debt before and AFTER Reaganomics became in vogue.

The facts are if you have an unfunded spending race the democrats will always win with the republicans in a close second.

You lose any credibility when you try to blame the republicans only. :dismay:

By the way, children and girls giggle.

Here's what I don't get. GW Bush had a terrible fiscal policy. Brutal. And Democrats rightfully pointed it out. So Obama comes in and takes the worst of W's policies and implements them exponentially...then Democrats try to defend them. Really? REALLY? It's mere blind partisanship. You cannot make this stuff up.

Oh please, enough with that Lie. National Debt at start of Clinton Presidency, $4,188,092,107,183. National Debt at end of Clinton Presidency, 5,877,829,503,607. An increase of $1,689,737,396,424. The Numbers are irrefutable.

Now Obamama owns a $4,738,936,464,043 increase so far to Date.

I always giggle when tax cut and spend Republicans lecture about fiscal responsibility.

look at our Debt before and AFTER Reaganomics became in vogue.

National Debt at start of Reagan's Presidency, $934,073,000,000 National Debt at end of Reagan's Presidency, $2,697,957, 000,000. An increase of $1,763,884,000,000. And just, by the way, $74,146,603,576 more then Clinton's increase of $1,689,737,396,424. Fancy that....... Guess 'Reaganomics' and 'Clintonomics' are just the same...................:p

They were stopped and we got a Rep. Senate and House. This Senate and House then pushed Bubba to cut welfare. He vetoed two bills but was finally forced to cut welfare. Remember? And people did not starve in the streets and grandma was not eating alpo. Thank the Reps for that budget, not Bubba. Libs are such clowns.

As to Bush, can't disagree but your failed Messiah has added to the national debt by 1/3 and is litterally spending us into the poorhouse. I know you are happy about this comrade eshore, but I would suggest to you that Cuba is lovely, this time of year. Maybe you'll find paradise there.

So when it fits your argument, Congress deserves the credit and the blame too, huh? We could go back and forth over that debate for much...MUCH too long.

"Libs are such clowns" and "Cons are such....Cons." For the knowledgably challenged that's "con" as in Con-artists, Convicts, CONtrary to progress, CONtrary to reason....... Both philosophies can always be counted on for a good laugh. We had Carter and you W, H.W. and Nixon.

Tell you what I'll do, I'll VISIT Cuba (GREAT fishing this time of year) if you'll go back to the pre Civil War south. Seems like THE match for you.