Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lumo

Orlando Fishing

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm flying into Orlando tomorrow and staying the weekend in Davenport. I was hoping to do some flats fishing, maybe deep sea, party boat type deals, anything saltwater related. My Fall fishing up in New England was less than impressive and I need a fix. Any recommendations on guides or party boats would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lumo

You are snack right in the middle of the state and jump away from I-4 i would look at charters and party boats in the Tampa area, IMO they have better party boat fishing then

we do on the east coast.... the intercoastal/flats fishing is also alot clearer..we havent had that much rain in awhile and our intercoastal from what i hear is a hit or miss..

Hopefully one of the west coast locals will chine in and give you a heads up ;)

Like Drako said ,Davenport is smack dab in the middle of the state..you are actually closer to the boats in Cape Canaveral ,than you are the boats in St.Pete..

I would check into the Ocean Obsession 321-453-3474

google it.

That's not a bad boat and they seen to bring in fish when i see them coming in... any time we go out we

alway's make sure to load up on live pinfish... i would call and see if you can buy them and have

hold them for you... some boats do this..

but what we do is bring a 5gal bucket and a simple wally world airpump (batteries) and there are two baitshops right

inside of the port in fact they are a stone throw away from each other..

and if don't have time to catch them we buy them... they are like a buck a piece but well worth it...

I'll ask around and see if anybody has gone out lately ... our weather been a little rough lately ;)

I almost forgot about "Eaglesfanguy" he a member here who does party boat fishing on the west coast, and trust me when i say you won't see catches like this

from any of our party boats at the Cape... here's some of his threads

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/819811/grouper-galore

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/812065/7-31-11-two-georges-hog-fishin-again

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/803171/queenfleet-5-22

Hope that helps...and in the last thread he shows the rigs he is using... also take a look at Bing map to get idea of how close these areas are to you...

I have been on the Ocean Obsession twice now. First time I ended up with a 15 pound grouper a few flounders, and some misc. fish. My only complaint was my deck hand. I caught bait before hand and while out there and used that most of the time, but also used a bunch of squid. I didn't need much help, but I did run out of bait and had to ask one of the other guys for more. I rented a rod the first time and they want to do the re tying when you break off, once again, I had to find a different deck hand to do it. I tipped the guy a dollar, because he was never around all day. Instead he was fishing. I also complained to the captain before I left the boat. Second time around was a lot better. Caught fish, had a good deck hand, and had a good time. I would go out with them again, I would just ask for a different deck hand if I got a slacker like the first time out. If people were not catching fish within the first 20 minutes, the Captain was moving somewhere else and keeping us on fish.