Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth Cliff

stiffed

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

.I did some work for this snow removal company during that only snow storm we had a month ago and have never been paid by them. I stayed at the location they wanted me at for 10 hours shoveling walkways and doorways untill the end of the storm, and now the owner wont answer his phone or call me back. He doesnt owe me a lot of money, but I did earn it and should be paid. Now im not sure what my next step should be...any ideas? :mad:

.I did some work for this snow removal company during that only snow storm we had a month ago and have never been paid by them. I stayed at the location they wanted me at for 10 hours shoveling walkways and doorways untill the end of the storm, and now the owner wont answer his phone or call me back. He doesnt owe me a lot of money, but I did earn it and should be paid. Now im not sure what my next step should be...any ideas? :mad:

Short of confronting him, file a claim in small claims court. Those things usually have a way of getting peoples attention.

I would also include the owner of the property where you completed the work. it won't likely have any teeth but will piss off the property owner who might lean on his contractor to pay you.

It's business kid, nothing personal.

Short of confronting him, file a claim in small claims court. Those things usually have a way of getting peoples attention.

I would also include the owner of the property where you completed the work. it won't likely have any teeth but will piss off the property owner who might lean on his contractor to pay you.

It's business kid, nothing personal.

When the ****** hired me, he told me how hard it was to find good workers and how nobody these days wants to work..blah, blah,blah No wonder nobody wants to work for the guy..Im just glad it was only one storm and I didnt waste any more of my time. Maybe somebody from Rhode Island can answer this for me...What court would I go to? I live in Woonsocket, and his company is based in Ashaway, which is on the other side of the state. Will it cost me anything to file?

Maybe somebody from Rhode Island can answer this for me...What court would I go to?

I found this in a few minutes on the Internet. Call the number and ask your questions.

I'm almost in agreement with your family members on whether or not you should go into business for yourself. :squid:

Now log off, make the call, and report back with detailed information.

Consider it a test.

6th Division District Court

Garrahy Judicial Complex

One Dorrance Plaza

Providence, Rhode Island 02903-2719

(401) 458-5400

Cities and towns in district: Barrington, Bristol, Burrillville, Central Falls, Cumberland, East Providence, Pawtucket, Providence, Warren, and Woonsocket.

I'm almost in agreement with your family members on whether or not you should go into business for yourself. :squid:

Now log off, make the call, and report back with detailed information.

LOL, thanks

Ya ever tried to sue somebody in small claims court? I have and its a not easy to get a judgement.

First of all the guy you're suing has to accept the registered letter the court sends him. Good luck with that.

Its real easy to dodge these things.Then even if he accepts the registered

letter he can file for extension after extension after extension......Ask me how I know this......

The guy I sued asked for an extension 2 days after the court date and the A-hole judge allowed it even though it's clearly stated on the legal

paperwork I was given that : "failure to appear is an automatic judgement against you" or something like that.

"But judge it says right here that if he doesn't show up for court I win, right? He smiled and said he was going to do it anyway.

Next you go to trial and the judge disregards anything you say that can't be proven with some kind of physical evidence or with witnesses.

To make a long story short I won 1/2 of what the guy owed me and he didn't pay until the day of the Sheriff sale.