Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hawker

Obama - Let's cut our Nukes by 80%

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

Well.... after announcing deep cuts in our military, Mr. O now wants to cut our deployed nukes by up to 80%. These are nuclear weapon levels not seen since 1950. While the world is ramping up and becoming increasingly more dangerous, we are cutting back?

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Obama administration is weighing options for sharp new cuts to the U.S. nuclear force, including a reduction of up to 80 percent in the number of deployed weapons, The Associated Press has learned. .

Read more here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/national-security/apnewsbreak-us-weighs-options-for-cuts-in-deployed-nuclear-weapons-including-80percent-reduction/2012/02/14/gIQATFkvDR_story.html

no doubt it should be cut like all the budget should.

typcial lefty thuogh, gut the military and do nothing about runaway entitlements, which are the real problem. :dismay:

no doubt it should be cut like all the budget should.

typcial lefty thuogh, gut the military and do nothing about runaway entitlements, which are the real problem. :dismay:

Don't agree with cut like all the budget should be cut.

The US provides a nuclear shield for many of our allies and other global interests. If we reduce and cannot provide the deterrent for them (and us), another nuclear arms race will ensue with countries that we prefer not have nuclear capabilities.

Don't agree with cut like all the budget should be cut.

The US provides a nuclear shield for many of our allies and other global interests. If we reduce and cannot provide the deterrent for them (and us), another nuclear arms race will ensue with countries that we prefer not have nuclear capabilities.

I thnk the whol budget not jus tthemilitary needs to be slashed.

Im also of themind that all these entangling alliniaces need to end. Why shuold be pay to protect them? let them do it themselves.

What did we expect from Obama who would never under any circumstances authorize the use of a nuclear weapon.

Nukes are not part of the Obama agenda so get rid of them. Obama is blinded by his agenda and can not see or understand anything outside of it.

Dangerous times we live in.

Everyone knows the budget needs to be cut. BIG TIME.

You can't cut big time without military/defense cuts. Simple.

Enough war mongering. Keep the money here.

umm not everyone, did ya see theobama budget? I dont think he got the memo.

I am a conservative but I have less problem with cutting nukes than I have with cutting military manpower. How many nukes does it take to destroy Iran? Or China? Or Russia. But does cutting warheads save any $$$$$??? You would have to cut the # of submarines, bombers, ICBMs to really make a difference and that destroys the threat of retaliation. Nukes sitting in a hanger in Nevada don't cost anybody anything.

As to our entangling alliances, as long as we are importing goods from around the world, we need them. Without these alliances, a hostile nation could strangle us to death or cause us to go to war just by cutting us off from critical material or block our material from going to another nation.

Become totally self reliant and I have no problem with isolationism.

Here we go again. Have we not learned by history or what. We went down this Progressive Leftist anti military stuff in the 30's. What happened Japan nearly cleaned our clock. We had the best industry in the world and were able to build our way to victory. Now everything is made in China. Think for a minute China will give us the weapons to fight them? Obama hates the USA and will keep doing whatever to make it get distroyed, no nukes, print money to distroy the $, spend till we go bankrupt, attack the constitution etc etc.

These nukes are already bought and paid for. I would think the cost of maintaining them to be relatively miniscule. Frankly, I like the thought of an overwhelming MAD doctrine being in place. Nuclear minimalism doesn't much appeal to me. If your going to go to thermo-nuclear war, go big, or don't go at all.

Just because Great Leader is the nominal CIC, doesn't mean he can unilaterally cut the size of our nuclear arsenal, although I'm sure the delusional one thinks he can. The reasoning behind the 80% cut escapes me completely, unless, as already stated, it is just a sop to the great unwashed Neo-Coms, who wish to gut the US from the inside. :squid: