Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBOF79

Hotel Buena Vista East Cape

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Thinking about going down there in july/aug and was wondering if anyone had any info about the place. I was wondering how the surf fishing in the area is and if there any places to rent an atv to go up and down the beach with and if anybody stayed there how was the hotel and local town.

Thanks for any info John

Never been exactly there, but in the area. That hotel has everythihg. you want atv's they got em, kayaks, they got em. Great rooster fish fishing in that area. not sure how the town is, but the ones we went through close by were very small and rural. the hotels should have all you need though. I have heard nothing but good from all the Van Warmer (sp?) resorts.

July august is hot as hell in that area. Well over 100 and it will drain you fast. Plan on early morning fishing, and siesta by the pool with a cold margarita to help beat the heat. ;)

My wife and I stayed there about a decade ago. 

Back then, it wasn't the nicest resort on the planet, but we were there to fish. And they had a swim up bar. Don't need much more than that! After a decade, I'm sure they've done some upgrades. 

Fishing was excellent. Caught tons of football tuna, nice dorado, and 2 blue marlin. We were there in the July/August miserable hot timeframe. 

Went out and tossed some spoons on the beach for a short while, but not long because of the heat. So I can't really speak to surf fishing. We were there to fish on the pangas and the cruisers.

ATV riding in the arroyos and beaches is a blast there. It's right at the resort.

There is a village close by, if you want to call it a village. More like a gas station, a bar, and a restaurant. That's it. We never left the resort. Food was good there. We ate our fish every day...either cooked for dinner or cevice poolside.

I'd love to go back and take my son!

I'd love to go back and take my son!

Dude, can you say road trip? Maje and Windy should join us on that one. But they may end up in a Mexican prison. :D

Thanks for all of the info guys did not relize it got that dam hot there. I was thinking low to mid 90's not 100 or better. Gonna have to check out the weather to see what time of the year would be a little cooler for catching a roster off the beach. Thanks John

Yo!

Henry Joe!

What do ya know!

My pa used to frequent the panga fleet down there, fly fishing for the dorado.

He'd bring back a heavy icechest...

Damn fool I was for never going along.

Too bad for them, more fish for us!

That would be a blast, though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surf Hunter View Post

Dude, can you say road trip? Maje and Windy should join us on that one. But they may end up in a Mexican prison. biggrin.gif

I used to go there 20 years ago. Back then it was really rinky dink. I've seen at the ISE that they've made a lot of improvements, converting the trailers to real units. It is hot as hell there in July and August. The sailfish, marlin, and dorado fishing is really good that time of year. Now days people go out in pangas, that will fry your brain. We used to rent cruisers equipped with sun shades. They'd flip the sunshade back when fighting a fish. The pool, when we were there, was like a big tub of hot urine. You would have to be nuts to use it. But they have horses you can take out (at least they used to). They provide all the food too, which is nice. You just head up and get your chow. You sit at tables with other visitors so you get to meet a lot of people. Seems like most were from Smell A. Lots of lawyers with their secretaries, if you know what I mean.

The surf fishing can be good there. There really isn't any surf, just little waves lapping at the shore. They have snorkle equipment and I use to use it until I found myself swimming with a couple of seven foot long poisonous sea snakes. There are some other resorts you can walk/ride to. It was a pretty good ride on a crappy road from the airport. Overall, it is pretty good.

We stopped going there and went to Mazatlan instead. Basically the same fishing and more to do when not fishing. Here is a tip, I don't know if it still holds water, don't book a fishing trip with a travel agent or the hotel desk clerk. Check in, grab a coldie, then take a walk on the beach. The fishing trip salesmen will quickly find you and you save 50 percent on the cost. Another trip, pangas blow, you want some shade in the tropics.