Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smk379

704z Handle Position

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, was looking for some help here. I just picked up my first of many reels in the old Penn spinfisher line, a bail less 704z. I know with van stall's, like the VS200 I own, when the handle is in the down position the spool is fully extended. I was wondering if it is supposed to be like that on the Penn Z reels, and if so is there anyway to make them that way? On my used 704z I just picked up, which I plan on drilling and painting, when the handle is in the down position, the spool is as low as it can go, and the spool is fully extended when the handle is in the up position, just the opposite of how I want it. Any help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Just found the thread, thanks alot for pointing be in the right direction. Sounds pretty easy, just fiddle around with putting different washers in-between the handle and where the handle screws into until its in the right position, correct?

Just found the thread, thanks alot for pointing be in the right direction. Sounds pretty easy, just fiddle around with putting different washers in-between the handle and where the handle screws into until its in the right position, correct?

Correct.

Couldn't you just disengage the crosswind arm, turn handle a little, engage crosswind, and keep doing that till you have it where the handle is at bottom and spool is out?

I just tried doing that, even though I already have the spool in the position I want from messing around with the washers, and it didn't seem to do anything.