Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brother Brian

Ahh, it's just a BUNCHA numbers ....

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

Wow, even if that's slightly off the decline is still shocking.  8+million bass to 1+million bass in 5 years?  That's even worse than I had imagined, much worse.

Before it's too late will someone please push through a one fish 32" minimum coast wide?

From what I see year after year on the Canal alone, I'm not surprised. Everyone keeps fish after fish after fish. Some people hide them in bushes, some locals I see catch and keep fish day after day. (that always shocks me...how much fish can you really fit in a freezer anyways, lol?)

Catch and release is a great thing to "say", but it hardly gets practiced by the majority, no matter what people say. I don't like striper much myself, so I keep only 1 a year usually.

Honestly they should put a tag system in place you get a few tags for what you plan to keep for the year. Catch a fish put a tag in it record that info send it in. Get caught with a fish with no tag. Hang em. Fine the crap out of them take all their gear. Ban them from fishing for 5 years if they are driving take that too. OR you can wait and do what they did in the Chesapeake Bay......MORATORIUM....

If anything, it should be more like two at 18"-24", and one 'trophy' per year at 40"+.

One at 36" is taking all females...most males don't grow larger than 32".

I really like this idea. its realistic, and the idea of needing a tag to keep a " trophy " would really be a game changer for the better.

If we see such a decline over the years from keeping the bass. Than what will limits or slot fish numbers do to the the rest of the bass population? We know what's been taken. but what's left out there? I for one sure don't. But it doesn't take numbers for one doing this thing we do for years, to know that too much has been taken by too many for too long!  

Honestly they should put a tag system in place you get a few tags for what you plan to keep for the year. Catch a fish put a tag in it record that info send it in. Get caught with a fish with no tag. Hang em. Fine the crap out of them take all their gear. Ban them from fishing for 5 years if they are driving take that too. OR you can wait and do what they did in the Chesapeake Bay......MORATORIUM....

I like this idea. Kinda like deer hunting. Three tags per year per guy. That's it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charleston View Post

I like this idea. Kinda like deer hunting. Three tags per year per guy. That's it!

I would say like one tag per month or so. I know I eat about a fish a month.