Well isn't this nice

Rate this topic

Little

I think it has to do with the disregard for the seperation of church and state on the part of the governement.

Thanks, the OP was kind of difficult to understand.

If churches decide that human sacrifice is OK, should the "GUB'MENT step in, or do church goers get "special rights" just like people on welfare?

That's actually a serious question - how "untouchable" is religion?

Thanks, the OP was kind of difficult to understand.

If churches decide that human sacrifice is OK, should the "GUB'MENT step in, or do church goers get "special rights" just like people on welfare?

not a valid comparison TMD. human sacrifice would be considered murder or assisted suicide at the very least. not providing birth control is not currently illegal.

"Hey Smails! My dinghy is bigger than your whole boat!"

Sounds off topic to me - not my job to "get people back" for stupid remarks. Go ahead, though if it makes you feel like you have a moral on someone else. :freak:

you asked why i called him an idiot. you brought yourself into it and nobody is asking you to get anybody back. take a look at his post in the audacity of power thread and you'll see why i'm steamed. do you think it's funny?

not a valid comparison TMD. human sacrifice would be considered murder or assisted suicide at the very least. not providing birth control is not currently illegal.

I admit that my example is a tad bit extreme, but why does religion get special treatment in business? Where does the line get drawn? If a religious organization decides that, as a medical treatment provider, people with aids will not be given medicine because "God" would frown upon it......would that be OK too? Gee! Think I'll start a Pagan hospital and outlaw clothing!

you asked why i called him an idiot. you brought yourself into it and nobody is asking you to get anybody back. take a look at his post in the audacity of power thread and you'll see why i'm steamed. do you think it's funny?

I'm not a mod so, whatever.

Are you helping things out, or are you part of the problem?

He said that in THIS thread???

Maybe you need to let it go. Like I said w/e......time to move on from that. :th:

human sacrifice would be considered murder

From Cantwell: Conduct remains subject to regulation for the protection of society. The freedom to act must have appropriate definition to preserve the enforcement of that protection. In every case, the power to regulate must be so exercised as not, in attaining a permissible end, unduly to infringe the protected freedom.

"Who is John Galt?"
Who?
You?

I admit that my example is a tad bit extreme, but why does religion get special treatment in business? Where does the line get drawn? If a religious organization decides that, as a medical treatment provider, people with aids will not be given medicine because "God" would frown upon it......would that be OK too? Gee! Think I'll start a Pagan hospital and outlaw clothing!

I suspect God would want them to treat people with AIDS, even if sinful acts brought it upon them. I'm sure they treat drug addicts and wife beaters too. Providing contraception is aiding in the commission of a sin. If they treat an AIDS patient, they aren't aiding in the commission of a sinful act.

I suspect God would want them to treat people with AIDS, even if sinful acts brought it upon them. I'm sure they treat drug addicts and wife beaters too. Providing contraception is aiding in the commission of a sin. If they treat an AIDS patient, they aren't aiding in the commission of a sinful act.

You're missing the point......