Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Well isn't this nice

Rate this topic

76 posts in this topic

Pundit and Pundette this morning.

All the talk about some grand compromise between the Obama, Sebelius, Pelosi, and Nipsip?  Heard that talk?  Hmm?  Well they found some info, and they show its just a big blast of "squid ink".  Spritz, swim away.  The law is in place as written, with not one single change, but a vague non binding agreement to look into it later on.

Despite what President Obama said at his White House press conference, the actual regulations make permanent the “interim final regulations” issued August 3, 2011 — the ones that sparked the furor in the first place.

Prefaced by 17 pages of the kind of rhetorical squid ink that President Obama defensively deployed at his press conference, the words that have the force of law appear on pages 18 to 20. That’s where the actual amendments to the Code of Federal Regulations are made by three departments — Treasury, Labor, and Health and Human Services — that Congress previously granted joint oversight of employer health plans.

The bottom line is this: “Accordingly, the amendment to the interim final rule with comment period amending 45 CFR 147.130(a)(1)(iv) which was published in the Federal Register at 76 FR 46621-46626 on August 3, 2011, is adopted as a final rule without change.” [Emphasis added.]

Translation: The Obama administration Friday afternoon put into federal law the very regulation that drew objections from almost 200 Catholic bishops, some 50 religiously affiliated colleges and universities, 65 North American bishops of Orthodox churches, numerous other Jewish, Evangelical and Lutheran leaders, and even some liberals — and without changing so much as a comma.

From this point forward, any changes to this regulation have to go through the formal regulatory process all over again. [. . .]

Thus, instead of delaying final regulations until they could be revised to reflect the prospective changes President Obama outlined Friday, the administration went ahead and locked into regulation its original position, accompanied by a (non-binding) promise to revisit the issue.

What difference does it make whether the regulation is as it was proposed or as it was modified? The modification was only cosmetic and would only be believed by the most ignorant and credulous koolaid drinkers.

It makes no difference if you order insurance companies to pick up the tab. In the end the insurance customer picks up the tab. There is no free lunch despite what Obama wants us to think.

To expand on the point of the "prospective changes President Obama outlined".

These prospective changes remind me of the ad hype you see on packages at the market.

"This bag of Cheezy Poofs has an extra 20% FREE"

I always want the grocer to give me the FREE 20% and keep the rest of the bag but they won't do that. You must buy the whole bag at the original price. Next week when the "20% FREE" packaging is gone there is either 20% LESS in the bag or the price has gone up.

Could Obama change this and force the Cheezy Poof people to give me free Cheezy Poofs forever?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post

Can this be true?

This should cause a pretty big furor no? Where did you see this Little?

It has caused a big furor.

We have catholic preachers standing in the pulpits mobilizing the attendees.  Going on three weeks now.

Is this a "distinction without a difference"?  Sure.  The law is the law, and to get what Obama proposed as a compromise the administration will have to be sued.  But thats not how it was pitched, was it?  The true response from the Obama/Sebelius cabal should have been (was), "Ukfay Oo yay, see you in Ourt cay."

I just picked up one of my Christmas presents.  It is talk jockey Mark Levin's books, and  I really didn't want to like them-I don't like his show.

But this guy is blowing me away, he is thoughtful and has a deep appreciation for this nation's founding. 

I think, believe it or not, that the proper response from Obama should be "eff ewe Catholics."  This should be fought in the courts and in the streets, and I would like to see this hurt the administration.  I would also like to see it spread beyond religious bounds.  No man can tell any other man he must buy anything.  We have big problems in the medical insurance business, this can help patriots work toward a cure.  Thats the angle, and the Catholics religious beliefs can be the hook.

Remember, Levin is more than a talk jockey, he is an attorney and understands the law.

I have been thinking over getting that book, your post may push me to it.

Heck Glenn beck is funny.  But hes crazy too.

I odnt find beck funny......I find him warped and wellll like you said crazy. I thought his TV was funny cuz it was the loonies gone main stream......but his radio show is unlistenable.

What difference does it make whether the regulation is as it was proposed or as it was modified? The modification was only cosmetic and would only be believed by the most ignorant and credulous koolaid drinkers.

It makes no difference if you order insurance companies to pick up the tab. In the end the insurance customer picks up the tab. There is no free lunch despite what Obama wants us to think.

Obama doesn't "think there's a free lunch", he knows damned well that someone has to pay for that lunch. He just wants those who don't vote for him to pay for those who do!