Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
westhavendave

Mike and Mike vs. Boomer and Carton

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

While trying to get away from the commercials since CBS took over WFAN, I switched over to ESPN radio and found that Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic are much better than my NYC guys with less interruptions than Boomer and Carton. They also seem to get many more major guest commentators. The local spin on WFAN is still vital, but they are veering off into too many Stern like interviews and really need to get back to focusing on the sports themselves. Case in point B&C spent 20 minutes interviewing a Harlem Globetrotter this AM while Mike and Mike broke down the Jeremy Lin situation with expert guests.

That's your opinion... I didn't like the globe trotter interview either but I much prefer Boomer and Carton... Although Mike and Mike are very good... I see your point about the commercials but I always felt espn had way too many breaks and canned "coming up next" cliff hangers... I always hate that BS when they try to make you come back after a break by giving you a teaser but they all do it... I usually tune out when they do that ****

does the Fan still do 20/20 sports updates? One of the local stations here started doing it, to me the format is all commmericals and updates with the odd call here and there. Dont like it at all.

Mike and Mike are ok, I put them on in themorning they are on ESPN2.

Carton was in philly years ago, he actually broke the Eagles being sold story in the mid 90s. He was a tool though, annoying ashell.

Both shows kinda suck, imo. Neither one is very interesting. B&C seem like they're oriented to the young and dumb and I really could care less about who the all time top 5 NFL qb's are. Oh and any station that employs Herm Edwards makes me sick.

I'll vote for B &C over M & M strictly because at least Carton adds some humor and personality to the show. Boomer is a typical former QB that has had the world handed to him and somehow found a very successful career in TV and now radio despite very little talent. In addition, he never allows himself to be controversial or humorous, instead riding the coat tails of Carton who at the very least is a pro radio guy. M & M show is boring and mundane.

I'll vote for B &C over M & M strictly because at least Carton adds some humor and personality to the show. Boomer is a typical former QB that has had the world handed to him and somehow found a very successful career in TV and now radio despite very little talent. In addition, he never allows himself to be controversial or humorous, instead riding the coat tails of Carton who at the very least is a pro radio guy. M & M show is boring and mundane.

^^pretty much dead on. plus, boomer is a hockey/ranger fan which i like, cause at least someone discusses hockey a little bit.

carton is overbearing, but he is funny. i do agree they try to do the howard stern thing, but its a 4 hour show, they need to do something to liven it up. i mean, how much can you say about jeremy lin, or the yankees pitching staff, or how bad the mets will suck this year. its all the same rehashed **** on every station. some of these guys (francessa most notably) take themselves wayyyyyyy to seriously. its a sports show. get over yourself.

That's because Francesca is one of "Bill's guys". They are all too self important for this world. The only thing i like about Francesca is his opening monologues, which although repetitive are usually interesting. His unabashed homer routine for the Yanks and Giants is way over the top though.