Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob S.

CENTURY 9'6'' SLINGSHOT GUIDE LAYOUT

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Plan on building on the Century 9'6'' blank to be used as a spinner for throwing light metals, plastics and light bait. I was thinking of going with fuji alconites in the BSVAG series 30 -20-16-12-10-10- & 12 tip. Know some have been using the new K guides on this blank...appreciate any feedback on those who have built on this blank.Thanks.

The SV would be fine on that blank! You might want to start with a 25 but that might depend on what reel your using and how much height you need. I also unless you have a good reason dump the 12 tip!!

That's fine if you are going to use a ZB25 and you feel it needs a 30 stripper then use it. Should be no problem! A 12 tip?? Why?? Your running 10's out the top and going to a 12 tip.. IMO no need for it!!

Hi Bob,

I have been building most of my 1145s with K guides and have been very happy with the results. 30-20-12-10-8-8-8. The SVs will work well also. Most of the guys I am building them for are running VS 150. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or I can give you my # if you need to talk.

US Century Distributor

The 25 will work fine if the guide is high enough to keep the line off the blank. I usually use a 30highframe on a vs250 and have used a 25h. as far as ring size its not an issue just check for lline slap. i would also lighten up that tip by using 8's