Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dwamp2006

Fin-nor inshore reel.....any input?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

So I was looking through a new catalog I got. came across the Fin-nor inshore reel IFS5000. holds alot of braid and is very light weight. Anyone have one or have any input on these?

I ordered one last month for stripers in new england. Have not fished it yet so I cannot comment on how it really does, but it seems to be a very good reel for the price. Its well built and has a very nice drag in it. In the pictures it looks black, but its more of a graphite color.

Any update on this reel?  It looks very promising, I'm thinking of pairing this with a 8ft Tsunami Airwave for my light weight setup.  

I had a chance to check them out in the Cabelas retail store a few months back. The 5000 size was interesting because of the line capacity and overall size/weight. It's a solid feeling little reel. I said little because it really feels like a 4000 size reel to me. I would put it in the same class of a Penn Battle 4000, although the Finor holds more line. I thought the bail wire on the Finor was thin and did not snap back with authority. I opened up 3 new boxes and tried them all. I passed on buying one. For $129.00 I would put my money on the little written about and hardly ever mentioned, Shimano Saros.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not too concerned about dunking this reel as it will mainly be used on a dock and/or marsh. I will check out the saros next time I'm in the tackle shop. Most of my freshwater reels are Shimano and I like them all.

I own a 5000 and have used it on three occasions over the past week and caught my first fish with it yesterday (33" 15 lbs). The reel performed flawlessly, very smooth drag and it casts pretty well. Let me know if you have any more questions.