Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ScottCullen

New England Boat Show

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Hi,

Anybody get a chance to go to the boat show over the weekend?

I am thinking about going but I wanted to get a “temperature check” before I take the time.

Any insight would greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott

I work part time at the Convention Center and was there over the weekend and last night, unfortunately I work outside and can't go on the floor. I will be there Thursday night and Saturday. My advice is to go on a weeknight this week, no crowds at all last night, jammed on the weekend. They are only using 2/3 of the floor, probably due to the economy, but I peeked in a window and there are some real beauties in there. Wish I could help out with tix or parking but no dice, I had to buy my own tix last year.

Good luck.

Planning on going Saturday, I heard it was smaller this year too. Should still be a good time!

Go early in the morning or early in the evening, we had to shift cars to the satellite parking lot a mile away at around noon last Saturday and Sunday. We do have a complimentary shuttle back and for though, headways were about every 3-7 minutes, not bad at all.

Enjoy it! I'll be there somewhere.

im going in saturday afternoon, hopefully the crowds will be thinned out by then.

If you're driving go late afternoon or you'll be parking in the satellite lot a mile away and shuttled to the show, a minor inconvenience to some, a major to others.

was there last Saturday. pretty good show. crowds weren't too bad. some impressive new models form Grady and BW. MA Fish and Game has a booth set up and you can get your salt water permit right there.

Also a few rod and tackle vendors. One in particular that seemed to be having a fire sale on lightly used gear from the early 90's. Bad Fish also had booth and was selling some real nice acid wrapped rods.

not terribly different than last year, but well worth the 14 bucks. Make sure to check out the boat the converts to a land vehicle.

Went yesterday. Thought it was a good show, i go every year. Just dreamin. Crowd was light.

$14 to get in but you can get a $10 refund online if you don't get the "Free" magazine subscription. Details on the NEBS site where you purchase tickets.

$12 to park and free shuttle in.

Thought there was a great selection of boats, not so much fishing gear but some. Pack a sandwich. Food was very expensive for me. Took my daughter and we rang up a bill. $3 water/soda. $7 hot dog / pizza slice. $8 salad / sandwich. $9 sausage / Burger......... adds up in a hurry. Didn't even look to see what a beer costs.

Got my picture taken with Floe from Progressive. Cool radio controlled sail boat exhibit to try out. Some good deals on boats. a few were knocking $10k off for the show " TODAY ONLY.... $345,000 !" LOL $300k Whalers are a trip. Some awesome blow boats.

Would have been interested in seeing what Parkers my friends at 3A Marine hauled into the show.

You ought to go, surprise your friends, take them out for supper and check out the rest of the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the camping show is this weekend also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ought to go, surprise your friends, take them out for supper and check out the rest of the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the camping show is this weekend also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, I missed the RV show :(.............would have liked to see some of the new rigs coming on stream in 2012, although from what I gather 90% of the newer travel trailers have front bedrooms rather than rear bedrooms. Lucy and I prefer the rear queen to a front queen.

Been advised the newer layout lessens tongue weight, thereby making it possible to haul the rig with a lighter tow vehicle, which in turn makes it an attractive option for folks without a heavy tow vehicle.

Sadly, I missed the RV show :(.............would have liked to see some of the new rigs coming on stream in 2012, although from what I gather 90% of the newer travel trailers have front bedrooms rather than rear bedrooms. Lucy and I prefer the rear queen to a front queen.

Been advised the newer layout lessens tongue weight, thereby making it possible to haul the rig with a lighter tow vehicle, which in turn makes it an attractive option for folks without a heavy tow vehicle.

Joe the show runs thru Monday the 20th of Feb!!!!!!!!!!!

The only tongue weight that you and Lucy.............opps never mind :D

Joe the show runs thru Monday the 20th of Feb!!!!!!!!!!!

Pay attention, read carefully, and listen up. :beatin:

I know we're going too fast for you. I said the RV show, not the camping show. The RV show ended Feb 5. :dismay:

Pay attention, read carefully, and listen up. :beatin:

I know we're going too fast for you. I said the RV show, not the camping show. The RV show ended Feb 5. :dismay:

No No No you wong Springfield RV and camping show is over on Feb 20th as in 10+10 4x5 30-10 x+x ect. got it now??? + 17=20