Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Morning Bite

Tica Rods

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

So on a whim I bought a 10 ft. Tica TC2 UEHA rated 2-8 ounces. Got it for under 100 bucks so I jumped on it. I originally bought this rod just as a bait stick. On second thoughts, I was wondering if it is worth plugging with. The more I search the more I get frustrated with the lack of results.

Has anyone had experience throwing pencils, metal lips, bottle plugs, tins, poppers etc. with this rod? How does it load, is it sensitive, and is it worth even throwing plugs with? Or should it remain a bait stick.

I have no experience with that particular rod, but it sounds like it'll handle large plugs okay. Not so much for pencil poppers and such. Take it down the beach with an assortment of plugs and try it out. You already own it, so what do you have to lose?.

BTW; Tica Rods are not "Good old American made". Just an FYI. They never were (I don't mean that in a bad way).

Well I take that back about the American Made. But since I am at school, my 704z is at home, and I have no lures here I was going to gauge responses then go. I figured since it is a beefy rod it could throw beefy plugs. I am probably going to pick up 9'0 since it throws 3/4 to 3.