Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hotfishgirl

silverside search,Have you seen any??

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hi,As most of you know i keep very large aquarium fish.I try to catch most of there food from the ocean like chubs,grass shrimp,silver sides,peanut bunker,sand eels,etc..Well there favorite is silver sides and i am almost out.I wish i concentrated more last fall on filling more freezer space.

If anyone has seen these around i would really appreciate knowing where.I am not even sure if they are around in the colder temps.

whatcha feeding a hungry Moray eel? damn whatever it is you sure feed it good...:hooked:

The big eater these days is my huge alligator gar and not far behind him is a huge wolf fish.

HFG How about an active fish pier in your area. A couple of chub traps????

Unloading time at a fish piershould be good

i will give that a shot.I am catching chubs and grass shrimp all winter long,just no silver sides.

and you do that without a boat?

yes i do?I have my best luck using an umbrella net baited with algae disc's.I also use eel traps and when they are in good i have a couple of sizes of seining nets.Cast nets don't work very well and dip nets work ok dragged threw the marsh channels for grass shrimp.

so, are these baited nets fastened to the bottom in some way, or are you wading out and casting them?

seems pretty labor intensive if you're casting out nets.

the umbrella nets are lowered into the water .I fasten the bait on with a wire clip and the bait is held in a thin stocking.I buy the white nets so i can see the fish better in/around the net.When i see a good amount i pull the net up and sort out the catch:}