Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tmirrione63

Surf rods

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

The St Croix Mojo is often compared to the St Croix Legend but at half the price. I'm not sure anyone has a suggestion at half the price of a Mojo even from St Croix.. If you're talking the ~$100+ neighborhood there are DBlue's and Tica Dolphin's and maybe some others that members will recommend. They're not Mojo's but they are good values. A used Mojo might be your best bet if that's what your hearts set on.

Okay here is a question. What is a fishing rod that isnt a Mojo but can be compared to one. The reason being that i dont have the money for it lol.

i would have to go with the airwave

I don't know your financial situation, but how long would it take for you to afford a new one? Keep on top of the BST regardless, because i have seen the MSS106MM2 go for well under $200.00 at times.

Only you know how much you can afford and if a used one is a better option.Whether waiting a bit longer to purchase the rod you really want or buying a different rod now is the best way to go cannot be answered by anyone but yourself.

A new rod is a big decision and if you treat them right they can last a lifetime, so don't rush into it.

I don't know how it is up there, but down here it's freezing, you have plenty of time to decide. It's not a bad idea to maybe toss a few different rods, maybe you will find one you like better, and hopefully cheaper. Good luck

I'm honestly having some good luck with my Tsunami 5 star series rod. Its a 10' spinning MH 15-30 for line with a 1-4oz rating. I was chucking some bait here and there with it this fall and was over 4oz and still doing ok. It was 40 plus shipping on amazon. You can even check out the Trophy line for next one up.

I caught a decent amount of fish on this rod this fall and it had plenty of back bone, no problem turning some 10-15lb stripers. It has nice grips and seems to be of decent quality as well.