Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H'Islander

Big-Boy-Toy....score of the year....

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

I posted earlier...didn't want to jinx the deal with sayin' too much until it was a done-deal. Out of an estate settlement. 1980-ish Case 580C Construction King with the "Thumb" and an Extend-a-Hoe boom. 4 cyl Case Diesel purrrrrrs.... some very minor issues to address, but all-in-all this is one solid machine. $4k plus $225 to haul it.

I gots me a new lawn ornament! :D

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3114857/width/525/height/700]

I operated that same make and model for about 2-3 years and then we switched and went all John Deere and I ran 510s and then a 710. I liked the Case because it was a little lighter and we were almost always working in tight quarters and you could stand it up on the front bucket and the stabilizers, set the bucket down and lift and swing the whole machine sideways, higher and easier than the heavier JDs. It was very agile. The only thing I did was have the boss order mine with two stick controls (like JD) instead of foot pedals and sticks. Nice score and that seems very "reasonable". Have fun in the sandbox!!:D

I posted earlier...didn't want to jinx the deal with sayin' too much until it was a done-deal. Out of an estate settlement. 1980-ish Case 580C Construction King with the "Thumb" and an Extend-a-Hoe boom. 4 cyl Case Diesel purrrrrrs.... some very minor issues to address, but all-in-all this is one solid machine. $4k plus $225 to haul it.

I gots me a new lawn ornament! :D

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3114857/width/525/height/700]

man, what a steal, my neighbor just paid 10k for a new holland that dwarfs that case, nice score :clap:

Only if I can put an "Ellie-May" in the ce-ment pond too....

Or at the very least that chick in Newport who won PowerBall. :idea:

-bd