Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g2h

Restaurant reccomendations

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

Heading down to the food fling with the family and shipwrecked with his. Any reccomendations as far as a nice iltalian restaurant in the area? I get gift certificates at discounted prices through a program at work. Found A Taste of Italy. Is that a decent place? Are there better choices?

Heading down to the food fling with the family and shipwrecked with his. Any reccomendations as far as a nice iltalian restaurant in the area? I get gift certificates at discounted prices through a program at work. Found A Taste of Italy. Is that a decent place? Are there better choices?

Cafe Italia on rt 37. About a mile west of the bay BYOB and I've never had a bad meal there

"Shady Rest" in Bayville, it's just a few miles south on Rt. 9 from Pine Beach where the food fling is being held, great Italian food, with a nice fishing decor, great family place been going there for over 25 years never a bad meal or service, prices are great.

"Shady Rest" in Bayville, it's just a few miles south on Rt. 9 from Pine Beach where the food fling is being held, great Italian food, with a nice fishing decor, great family place been going there for over 25 years never a bad meal or service, prices are great.

And it's owner is Bob Popovich no wonder it has fishing decor :)

Really depends where you're staying for the fling.. Bobs is not far from the fling but if you're hungry after the event it's your fault :) Others mentioned are close to Seaside where a bunch of the folks stay.

If you are going to dinner after the food fling, you're doing it wrong.

Do yourself a favor and skip the italian. Most of

the restaurants in the area are mediocre at best.

If you want to experience culinary excellence,

go straight to the Atlantic bar and Grill located

on the ocean in SS PK.

Tag, when is the last time you were there?

Maybe about a year and a half ago, they changed chefs, and the food was no better than any chain I have been to. Really Sad. The original chef from Atlantic went to restaurat "709" in point pleasant, at 709 Arnold Ave. Excellent food there, not the same "level" as atlantic, however still excellent food. Apparently Atlantic got a new chef come just last month, but I have yet to eat there since this 3rd chef took over. Atlantic is priced very high, just a warning, probably $50/person, with an entree and drink.

I have to agree, I have not been pleased by any Italian food in the area, however I have not tried shady rest(did NO know bobby owned that). Rivoli's was good, not great, good, but the dish i got there last really turned me off. I dont know if it was a special or not, but I got the sausage chicken hot peppers and potatoes. I have gotten it at other restaurants, and i generally like the dish a lot. I like heat, so cooking with the hot peppers adds enough heat to the sausage and chicken. Well this dish served the hot peppers with it. Figured must not be that hot to be served with it, so i chomped down. I am not sure what pepper they used, long and thin, but these were served on the dish in such a high quantity, and in such a way, they were NOT a garnish, yet there is NO POSSIBLE WAY anyone can eat them. I eat jalapenos fresh, seeds and all. I can handle heat. I could not handle these peppers. Now, that really turned me off. Why would you include such a hot pepper in a dish, not just as a garnish, when they are inedible hot?