Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
astroman

spooks & others

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Thanks all for comments. Wasn't crazy about the red head idea but it came out ok with nice red cedar.

Have ? on spooks the fatter one green top works ok but the gold body wil sub-surface with some side action. My front wire is centered would below center help. and place ment of weight. I know that it has to do with type of wood and I'm still a hack but need some advise from experts. Thanks Bill

...Have ? on spooks the fatter one green top works ok but the gold body wil sub-surface with some side action. My front wire is centered would below center help. and place ment of weight. I know that it has to do with type of wood and I'm still a hack but need some advise from experts. Thanks Bill

Don't know about the expert part, but I'll give you some advice anyway :) A search here should bring up some good info. I know I have made a few posts about what makes a spook tick. A few specific things on your plugs. First, having the plug go subsurface sometimes is not always a bad thing. Dropping the line tie below center will help keep them on top all of the time. Of your two spooks, I like the shape of your top one best. Weighting, tail weight or belly weight. For the rivers you fish, I would go with a belly weight (somewhere between the hook and tail) as it will be more stable walking across the currents that you fish. Closer to the tail, wider walk. Closer to the belly hook, better glide. You'll want them to sit slightly tail down (around 10-15 degrees).

Those river stripers down your way certainly like a spook at times :D

Jigman