Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sjbkicker39

Moriches Bay and the Moriches Area

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hey all. I have been living in Center Moriches for 1 year now and i am really trying to learn the area for fishing. i have a few spots that i fish and are known to be decent. Do any of you fish the moriches bays. Im not talking driving over to smiths point over the bridge...im talking taking montauk hwy to a side street and just casting from the back bays and stuff. I'd love to chat to some of you that do fish this area. i will be fishing it hard this spring. its just convenient. if i can drive 5 minutes to catch fish. that is awesome. im not looking for cows, just looking for a quick trip to have fun. just seeing if anyone wants to fish one day, chat about the area, or whatever. pm me or chat here dont matter. again, i have a few areas that i am learning and dont mind talking about it to others. let me know guys

I have been fishing Moriches since I was a little kid, though mainly by boat. In the early part of spring I concentrate my efforts on the western part of the bay and into the narrows. I'll start by the bridge and head east. Ive seen plenty of guys hooked up from shore when I'm out there.

I don't know where you can park and gain access but if I were you I'd start looking over google maps of the area and doing some scouting. Get your hands on a nautical chart of the area and look for some structure as well. The spring is one of my favorite times to fish moriches.

Good luck!

When I lived out there I clammed the narrows and people would be fishing off the Cranberry Ave,St.,or Rd in Mastic. I also saw quite a few guys fly fishing near the coast guard station on the point. Most of my fishing was from my boat and I had the best flounder and fluking of my life. Good luck!

If your looking to catch flounder/fluke definately stop by Gary at. Silly Lily, by far the best flounder fishing Ive ever experienced cant remember a time where I didnt catch at least a few, hes very helpful also.....this was in recent years too (last 5-10 years, Im only 15 though)

Greetings sbjkicker39. Although the thread is a few years old, curious if you ever found some favorite haunts. I too live in the Moriches area and do the majority of my fishing from shore/back bays etc. I'm a younger guy but have buckled down in the past year or two and learned a bit. Nothing like riding a bike from home with a fishing pole in hand. Shoot me a PM (once i earn access) and i'd be happy to meet up for a springtime bay excursion once it warms up.