Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hunter66

Cap Cod 4 days in May need recommendations

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Can anyone recommend any nice places to stay like a BnB ect. Just for my wife and I

We plan to spend 4 days and explore the area. I hope to sqweeeze in sum feeshin too. 

(From Delaware)

At that time of year, say Mid May, I like the mashpee area, right in between Hyannis and falmouth, some nice local beaches. The fishing at that time can be very good.

restaurants and shopping are near by along with conservation areas, you'll be about an hour and halfs drive to provincetown and if you do wish for a day trip to MV or nantucket the ferrys depart from falmouth and hyannis.

as far as a place to stay the high end is available as well as hotels- depends what you are looking for.

Keep in mind May (even late) is early for CC, you won't be beaching it. Chatham is a nice town, prolly' the highest end the Cape has to offer with accomodations like Chatham Bars Inn and may other high end places to stay as well as eateries. We've been going to the Cape regularly since 1982, found the best place is the Top Mast Resort in North Truro, close to Provincetown, right on the beach, nice clean facility and they have weekend specials in May. Some excellent restaurants within driving distance. (Front Street Grill, P-Town, Finely JP's, Wellfleet, Terra Luna, No. Truro, Nauset Beach Club, Orleans, The Impudent Oyster, Chatham) just to name a few. The Cape is deceivingly larger than you may think, you'll spend an hour from Chatham to P-Town at many times of the day and week.

Cape Cod is not like other beach resorts, there are no high rise condo's or big hotels and some of the smaller motels are sparse and although clean, need updating. Not sure what your looking to do, P-Town is good a for day of shopping and has some good restaurants. If you want, you could stay in a town like Sandwich which would give you easy access to Plymouth or Boston as well as being close to the outer cape (probably an hour and half to P-Town, an hour to Boston. We stay in the Spring Hill Motor Lodge in Sandwich if we go there, its celan and resonable but offers little as far as amenities, but it does have great location for getting to different places.

Honestly, I'd look at early June (2nd week) as prices are still low and schools in the NE usually go until mid June. The weather is much better and if your like the beach, you'll be able to enjoy the sun. Our choice is usaully early June or September, with September being first choice.

Dennis is also a place to look at they have many places to stay that are right on the water.

It is centrally located to pretty munch the whole end of the cape... Much more to see.....

Google Earth the coast between Bass River and Chatham and add in businesses.

I would also consider Falmouth area as a good venue- I've fished the Cape for more than ten years in the spring from both shore and boat in May. Weather is always a variable but focus on the last two weeks and you'll find bluefish off Cotuit area and bass filtering into many areas on big baits. Check out Green Harbor Motor Lodge. There are also many guides who start the season during that period- because the fishing can be very good.