Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mtl50

VS 150 Drag Problems

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Last fall my drag started siezing up on my 150. The drag knob tightens itself as line is being pulled out. Any ideas? I cleaned and lubed it but it is still siezing up.

It has the sealed drag so I am a little hesitant. I did just give it i wicked good cleaning and it seems to be ok now. Dont have the $$$ to send it in. Thankfully I have my 704z's all set to go!

had the same problem with my newer VS150 . took the drag apart and cleaned (carefully) , put back together and was good to go.....Older non sealed are easier to self service . IMO

Last fall my drag started siezing up on my 150. The drag knob tightens itself as line is being pulled out. Any ideas? I cleaned and lubed it but it is still siezing up.

x2 had the same problem after i cleaned and greased my 100 drag. the cause was i did not seat the seal all the way down even though it looked like it was down. so when i pulled line it was catching drag knob and self tightening. easy fix

How old is the reel and when was it last in for service. They all experienced that problem, although opposite on my lefty's, the drag would loosen on a good fish. Fix is an updated shaft and thrust button for the drag stack, they,re keyed so the thrust button can't spin with the drag knob. Craig gave me 2 of em 2 years ago and the problem was solved. I thought most were replaced when the reel went in for annual service, call VS and inquire if yours doesn't have the keyed shaft.