Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fatneck

Rikon Bandsaw 10-300

8 posts in this topic

Rikon 10" Benchtop Bandsaw. Model 10-300. Clean, runs smooth, pretty new blade(3 Hours or so), ready to work. Has mitre gauge and owners manual. Bottom bearings would probably need replacing in 20 more hours of work. They are a cheap fix, should run you less than $20 for a whole new set of 6.

SPECIFICATIONS

Throat width-9-5/8” (244 mm)

Max. cutting depth-3-3/8” (86 mm)

Blade length-67-1/2” (1714 mm)

Dust Port-2 1/2"

Blade width-1/8” – 1/2”(3-13 mm)

Table size-11-13/16” x 11-13/16”

Table tilt-Left-1o Right-45 o

Blade speed-2,780 ft/min

Motor-1/3 HP

Amps-4.5

Volts-110V

Net weight-55 lbs

$120, cash, check or MO. Local pickup, I'm in Somerville, MA. Thanks.

what makes you say the bearings will need replacement? I'd like to say the magic words but I just want some clarification about the bearing issue. (i'm ingorant to the mechanics of bandsaws, sorry if this is a dumb question)

I actually work 5 mins from Rikon in billerica so assuming this is an easy fix it won't bother me

Theres two sets of bearings, one in the top guides and another set below the table. They help guide the blade while cutting. The ones below the table are a bit rough, I've never replaced them the 4 years I've owned the saw. I did replace the uppers as they get a bit more action. I think they are $20 for a full set of six from Rikon. Very easy to change out, you just need an allen wrench. You are more than welcome to come take a look and run the saw beforehand. Thanks.

I just spoke to Rikon (great customer service on the phone btw).... The guide bearings are no problem and like you said are $17.99 for a set of 6... There are also the wheel bearings in the lower assembly which I'm assuming you were not referring to needing replacement (they are a slightly bigger deal apparently)

Would you make it an even $100? if so, I'll take it and can pick up whenever

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0