Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrokenRod

Abu 7000 vs 7000C3

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Has anybody here ever done a side by side comparison test of these reels? Casting distance of bushings vs bearings, durability, beach sand tolerance, etc..?

Looking for comparison opinions. Thanks, BR

Both reels hold up equally to the elements. Both reels cast very well right out of the box. Both reels can be tuned the same way to eliminate backlash. I would give the edge to the BB reel as far as less friction goes during a cast. As well as a little added distance. Although both reels can easily be converted into nonlevel wind, and both will accept after market magnetic controls. ABU CT (non-levelwind) frames can still be found for the 7000C and not for the 7000. The biggest difference in the reels is you're able to tune and trick out the 7000C with better bearings, For my personal opinion I really like the 7500CTC3 or the 7500CT Big game. ABU makes a really nice product in the 6500/7500 size reel class. Big Dave

Cheen, you mean misc internals or stuff like spare spools, drag washers and handles? The misc internals can be ordered directly from Pure Fishing. The other stuff you can order heresmile.gif

TimS

Thanx tim,it was all misc broken and pitted internals.....no candy needed. Got it direct from abu..........Cheen

I also saw on there site a 6500 BG are these any more salt friendly than regular 6500 models and are they stronger?????Whats the BG deal? Cheen