Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Penny Thrower Arrested

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

This is crazy. Terrible act for baby to get hit with objects. Guy deserved to get arrested. But what about the Parents? What the hell where the parents doing with the windows down with temps in the upper teens and 20's and then speeding at 80 through traffic and school zone with a 6 month old in the back seat? :shock:

ASHLAND, Mass. -- A man in Ashland is accused of throwing pennies at a moving car, hitting the parents and nearly missing a small child inside.

The incident allegedly occurred outside the Ashland Police Department.

“We were just sitting there at the light and all of a sudden we hear a light honk and then all of a sudden just metal raining down on us,” said Karissa Eberlin, the victim.

Ashland Police said 42-year-old Paul Castelli of Framingham cut off a young couple at an intersection. They said it started when Castelli ran a stop sign at Pleasant and Cherry Streets.

“I was literally coming right up to the intersection when he cut me off and I just honked the horn at him and it ticked him off,” said Geoff Fritz, the other victim.

Fritz said he drove a short distance to an intersection in front of the Ashland Police Station when Castelli honked his horn and assaulted them.

Castelli faces two felonies, malicious destruction of property and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

“If he was going to throw something, I figured it was going to be like a brick or something, but pennies? Honestly, no, you can’t be throwing pennies around,” said Fritz.

The couple’s 6-month-old Tommy was in the back seat of the car and they said that was what scared them the most.

“I got hit in the head and my glasses got knocked off my face but I didn’t even care about myself, I just turned around and checked him. God forbid anything got in his face or even his mouth,” said Eberlin.

No one was hurt during the incident but Fritz said the pennies did cause small damage to his vehicle.

He said Castelli drove away at about 80 miles an hour, passing cars and speeding through a school zone, Fritz followed him to write down Castelli’s license plate number.

Police arrested Castelli at his home.

“I honestly think this is more than road rage, this is somebody that doesn’t know how to live,” said Fritz.

Castelli is due back in court in March.

Read more: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/worcester-area/12006649664242/motorist-arrested-after-throwing-pennies-at-car/#ixzz1lwHVNTAx

This is crazy. Terrible act for baby to get hit with objects. Guy deserved to get arrested. But what about the Parents? What the hell where the parents doing with the windows down with temps in the upper teens and 20's and then speeding at 80 through traffic and school zone with a 6 month old in the back seat? :shock:

It wasnt really that cold, it was around 50 degrees today, I actually had my windows open driving with the pup today...but I hear ya

It wasnt really that cold, it was around 50 degrees today, I actually had my windows open driving with the pup today...but I hear ya

lol..I'm up in Vermont during the week but it was the morning it had to be cold down there.

"Yes, hello? Police? I was just hit with pennies and my shoes and my glasses flew off and I think I broke my ass.....I am going to sue for punitive damages......"

I for one would not like to be on the business end of a roll of pennies... especially if there in the banks plastic wrap then wrapped in a thermal sock a swung by a madman.

But i'd gladly have a single penny fight with any SOL'er at 20 yards..

D'ya think we can set a space up for penny fights at the fling?

lol..I'm up in Vermont during the week but it was the morning it had to be cold down there.

I dont know what to tell ya guy, I distinctively remember looking at the temp in the car on my way to walmart today at around 10am and it said 42 degrees, and I know at one point today it at least hit 50

The little children laugh at him behind his back

Very strange

There beneath the blue suburban skies

I sit, and meanwhile back…

Behind the shelter in the middle of a roundabout

Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes

I for one would not like to be on the business end of a roll of pennies... especially if there in the banks plastic wrap then wrapped in a thermal sock a swung by a madman.

But i'd gladly have a single penny fight with any SOL'er at 20 yards..

D'ya think we can set a space up for penny fights at the fling?

Safety equipment will be required.

Peace

Read it again, it was the penny thrower that was speeding, not the parents.