Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigpapamd1

a good fluke /porgy rod.

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

i am lookin for a good boat rod that can handle up to 8 oz sinkers for flukes, porgies etc...

3 rods i like are

1. the Teramar TMCX70H conventional rod

2.the Trevala TVC66M conv. rod ,

3. the Ugly Stik Tiger® Lite Jig Casting Rod 6'3" H.

will use with either an avet mxl, penn fathom star drag , a Atlas Reels Kona 200, or a Montauk zr802-10w jigging reel.

Take a look at the Tsunami composite rods. Don't know the model # but it is 7'. Have used it for cbass, fluke and porgies- light enough to have fun with the fish but enough backbone to handle 6-8 oz sinker.

You can't go wrong with a St Croix Tidemaster 7' MH.

My favorite is the Star Plasma PC101770 with a Calcutta TE 150. This rod is light enough for 1/4 oz jigs and can handle 8 ounces of lead for bottom fishing. Expensive ($250) but very good. This rod may not match well with the reels you have listed, that's why I recommended the Tidemaster, but this is my go-to light inshore rod. 

(*edited - we do not allow selling outside of the BST Forum - and we do not allow advertising items being sold elsewhere. TimS)

Ok, sorry Tim S, I did not see that rule. Can you put back the rest of what I said then please?

I actually suggested that he might not want the Trevala I was selling, an to think about finding a Compre somewhere instead.

Thanks.

agree on the tidemaster being a great stick, but it costs nothing even close to $250, more like $125 or less if you shop around!!! cwm15.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Tj View Post

You can't go wrong with a St Croix Tidemaster 7' MH.

My favorite is the Star Plasma PC101770 with a Calcutta TE 150. This rod is light enough for 1/4 oz jigs and can handle 8 ounces of lead for bottom fishing. Expensive ($250) but very good. This rod may not match well with the reels you have listed, that's why I recommended the Tidemaster, but this is my go-to light inshore rod. 

agree on the tidemaster being a great stick, but it costs nothing even close to $250, more like $125 or less if you shop around!!! :read:

I like the Tidemaster line as well, they are proven rods and were retooled from the ground up not to long ago. They also have over 50 different models to choose from.

I have not heard nearly as much about the Mojo Inshore rods as you hear about the surf models, but they are similar to the Tidemasters in many ways ,but with split grips and are priced at around $110.00

Take a look at the Lamiglas TFX series rods. I just picked up the TFX 7020 CT this year for deep water Fluking. I have been using the Lami TFX7020C and love it but just wanted to get a heavier duty rod for off shore.

I have all my TFX rods paired up with the Avet SX model. I think the MXL would be a little big for this.

Good luck, Lami