Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seaviewer

Through boring is boring

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

hey how come you drill them first,is it easier?i always turn then drill & have pretty good results,but every once in a while i miss ,does this happen using this method?im going to give it a try but would like to hear from someone like you who does many.thanks for any advice or feedback in advance,

hey how come you drill them first,is it easier?i always turn then drill & have pretty good results,but every once in a while i miss ,does this happen using this method?im going to give it a try but would like to hear from someone like you who does many.thanks for any advice or feedback in advance,

I have tried both ways. drilling first and turning then drilling. I prefer to do the through drilling after I have turned the plug. I found it a little harder to drill the tail weight hole (with a forstner bit) if I pre-drilled the turning squares.

Hey, everybody's got a different way of doing things. What works for one might not work for someone else. For me, it's faster, more efficient, and I get it out of the way all at once. If you set up a system and it works for you, stay with it. I do mine on the lathe. I used to do them on the drill press but then I figured this way out and have never looked back

Nice,

might have to BORROW that idea.. thanks:hi5:

box must have rails on bottom right?

yup, and backstop. The fence is adjustable. Minor height adjustments are made with thin shims. All my blanks are 1-1/2" but if I cut stock at 1-1/8" I can shim it to the right height with the shims

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/3104202/width/600/height/450]

My question is, if you drill first through the center, how do all of the lip holes line up? If the lip slot is in the center of the plug do you drill another hole? Or is that stock for pencils?