Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dusty1776

Any feedback on Falcon rods?

6 posts in this topic

Heading to a small local lake. First time out in a year after medical problems.

Thought I would get a light or ul rod.

Any thoughts on the Falcon rods?

Thanks in advance for any help advice or suggestions.

If it makes any difference I like to start off with trout magnets, and go up from there.

Largest bass maybe 5 pounds, most in 2pound range, crappy and gills pound orless.

Lol mostly less.

It's not a L or a UL, but I did purchase a Falcon Bucoo Micro Guide 6'6" medium rod earlier this year. But I have not had the chance to use it, so I can't say if it's a good rod since it's my first Falcon. Admittedly, I only bought it so that I could try out the micro guides.

Now if you're open to options, I would suggest a Shimano Tescata TSS7XL. I swap reels on this rod depending on what I'm fishing for. When I go trout fishing, I pair it with a Stradic 1000FI with 2lb line and you can detect the smallest of hits. When I target Striper or Catfish at the lakes, I swap out to a Bradia 2500R with 20lb braid with 6lb leader and it handles the them just as well.

I also have a Abu Garcia Vendetta (cast), Shimano Clarus (cast), Fenwick Elite Tech and a Fenwick HCG. But the Tescata is my favorite rod. Heck, I even like looking at the rod even when my lines not tight.

The first hit when you search Google, AFL is where I bought mine from since it was the best price I found.

Now if you wanted a cheap rod, look into the Shakespeare Micro Graphite rods at Wally. I have the 7' Light action paired with a Sahara 1500FB and 4lb mono for light saltwater action. My friends always laugh see the Shakespeare name on it, but it hasn't broken yet.

I've got a buddy who has a few 6'6" med/heav. rods. he loves them. I looked at them too (although, i'm a Quantum guy). Seem to be a good rod. As for the Lite or U-lite, i couldn't tell you. I would guess they would be good. Glad to hear everything is good and you're back fishing.